..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Blank Screen when starting an ISO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to the forum thing so I guess I'll try my best, anyhoo...

I finally got pcsx2 to run on my 2009 macbook pro laptop with osx 10.8.5

my specs
late 2009 macbook pro
osx 10.8.5
2.53 ghz intel core 2 duo
4gb ram 1067 mhz ddr3
NVIDIA geForce 9400m 256mb

I have Xquartz and the NVIDIA thing everyone is talking about installed, the bios works fine but when I start up an ISO, blank screen. The XQuartz command prompt thing says nothing about any errors.

[attachment=47276]

[attachment=47275]

[attachment=47277]

I think it might be the configurations on the emulator itself as I have no idea what to configure, apart from the no logarphmic Z thing.

I'm trying to run Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure, which is unknown to be working, and the Sims Bustin Out, also unknown, so I guess I should be trying Kingdom Hearts or something else more common?

If the pictures do not open, I can redo them in a different format. I hope they are of some use, I can put more info up if needed. Thanks ^^

EDIT: discs also do not work, I tried Kingdom Hearts on disc. Could someone suggest places for the plugins people are using and how to use them?
I have a very similar Macbook. You're not going to get a very good results with PCSX2 unless you run it on Windows through Bootcamp, unfortunately.
Aw man is my macbook not up to scratch?
(12-15-2013, 11:57 AM)Shrewsbury Wrote: [ -> ]Aw man is my macbook not up to scratch?

It's not particularly powerful for pcsx2, but it's more the mac port of pcsx2 which is far from being perfect. The windows version is really better.
To make it short :
- Kingdom hearts is known to run flawlessly on pcsx2 for mac.
- pcsx2 for Mac has a short compatibility list
- pcsx2 for mac is unable to play games directly from disc
- pcsx2 for mac is unable to perform full boots (only fast boots)
I got that exact MBP (if it's the 13 inch) as a present because it didn't work, needed mayor surgery Wink ; I can run KH2 on osx 10.6.8 but then again I NEVER boot into OSX (I just tried it as a novelty when I got it), PCSX2 will definitely be better on Windows through Bootcamp Smile I completed Persona 3 FES and Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ on it both at 720p, so it isn't terrible Smile I'm a little spoilt now with my new laptop though Smile
(12-15-2013, 09:28 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: [ -> ]I got that exact MBP (if it's the 13 inch) as a present because it didn't work, needed mayor surgery Wink ; I can run KH2 on osx 10.6.8 but then again I NEVER boot into OSX (I just tried it as a novelty when I got it), PCSX2 will definitely be better on Windows through Bootcamp Smile I completed Persona 3 FES and Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ on it both at 720p, so it isn't terrible Smile I'm a little spoilt now with my new laptop though Smile

Yeah mines a 15 inch c: I've just started emulating windows not through bootcamp, but with VMWare Fusion, and it works flawlessly, but now I have a problem with it running in windows 7 WackoS black screen, telling me "gs plugin failed to open your computer may have insufficient resources windows". Most likely me being incompetent with Windows, I've updated it and screwed around and looked at guides, now I just have no idea ^^"

[attachment=47284][attachment=47285][attachment=47286]
(12-16-2013, 06:12 AM)Shrewsbury Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah mines a 15 inch c: I've just started emulating windows not through bootcamp, but with VMWare Fusion, and it works flawlessly, but now I have a problem with it running in windows 7 WackoS black screen, telling me "gs plugin failed to open your computer may have insufficient resources windows". Most likely me being incompetent with Windows, I've updated it and screwed around and looked at guides, now I just have no idea ^^"

you need to update directx
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109
(12-16-2013, 08:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you need to update directx
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109

No luck :I

[attachment=47289]

Does this help at all? I feel like there's something wrong with my settings
oh, sorry, didn't see it was through vmware.
forget it, that won't work.
(12-16-2013, 09:35 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]oh, sorry, didn't see it was through vmware.
forget it, that won't work.

So I'm to assume it's not gonna work at all with this? :C
Pages: 1 2