..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 is near the final version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hello, I'm new here, and really admire your work with pcsx2, and was wondering if you think the emulator already progressed as far as it could, and there's nothing more he can improve in performance and compatibility?
Maybe a plugin open cl?
is weird but that's it!

I await answers your fan

pcsx2 is near the final version?
The Linux version still has some progress to do, but what can you expect when it's a one-person show (Gregory)? He is well-talented at what he does, though.

The Windows side does seem like it has progressed to an almost terminal state, as many SVN's have had small, non-major changes in the past few months...Unless this stuff with APU's and Mantle sparks some changes.

PCSX2=greatest program ever. It has renewed an interest in computers that I ave not experienced since I was a pre-teen. Truly an amazing piece of engineering for (IMO) the best console ever made.
There are definately ways to get better compatibility, but t would require a lot of rewriting of plugins such as GSdx.
There won't be any big breakthroughs unless there is some big/decent advantage they could get with using Mantle or upcoming APU's, though that will remain to be seen. Otherwise, they're focusing on increasing accuracy rather than speed or anything. There's not much else for them to really do right now.
I'm not even sure you could really make pcsx2 much more accurate without a lot of things being redone, though I would have to ask one of the devs.
Maybe future hardware/software could bring a revolution to the programming, maybe in ways that was never intended (I hope Smile ).
thanks for clarifying my doubts.

But ... I was thinking here, it's incredible that it is necessary a PC with hardware 10x 20x more powerful than the PS2, to run it well, do not know if you've heard about the "PPSSPP" which is a very fast emulator psp , alias the emulator runs better here than Pcsx2, and the PSP is superior to the PS2, leveraging Topic wondered why this happens?
It's mainly because the PSP has a much much simpler architecture than the PS2 does.
Yeah I believe it uses the MIPS R4000 cpu.
(12-19-2013, 02:50 AM)Dragonborn Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for clarifying my doubts.

But ... I was thinking here, it's incredible that it is necessary a PC with hardware 10x 20x more powerful than the PS2, to run it well, do not know if you've heard about the "PPSSPP" which is a very fast emulator psp , alias the emulator runs better here than Pcsx2, and the PSP is superior to the PS2, leveraging Topic wondered why this happens?

can you explain us why and how ?
Pages: 1 2 3