..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy Xii Slow.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there guys.

Today i decided to install the emulator and try playing FF Xii once again, since i finished it allready a few years ago also with pcsx2, and thx for that.

Anyway i looked at a bunch of youtube FFxii gameplays and all of them have much better fps than me.

I am using the newest version 1.0 of Pcsx2 and a Pal version of the game. Every setting expect video settings is set on default. Tried speed hacks and it did not help.

You should also know that i am playing the Game if full details. Dx11+1400res+blend pff+Texture filtering+Edge AA and i dont get a single extra Fps even when i Lower the settings to the bottom. So lowering graphics does not help.

I am using Dual core e2180 2.0 mhz, 4gb ram, Gtx 650 1gb OC. Win7. I know cpu is a bottlneck Sad

I am getting +30fps most of the time but It does not feel like it. I get tons of Slow Downs. Audio plays slowly when turning.Even the character voices in cinematics are slow and distorted.

EE is allways +90% and the GS is mostly bellow 40%. using WS 16/9.

So plz help me in getting rid of these slowdowns, i want to enjoy this game.

I also noticed TURBO does absolutly Nothing.

Also offtopic questions. Why does my analog keys switch sides ? i set Left to Left Arrow and it moves to the right ? and the other way arround.
And can i further increase the graphics with Nvidia inspector ?

Weird pc specs did not save after edit, sorry.

I am using a Gtx 650 ti 1gb OC, 4gb Ram and a crappy dual core 2.0 mhz e2180
what are you system specs.
You need to post your PC's specs before we can really do much to help you.

Also Youtube videos of PCSX2 can't be trusted. They routinely will just use the built-in recorder of PCSX2 which records on a frame-by-frame basis, so the final outputted file will always be at "full-speed". Chances are that their fps was a lot lower or something.
Sorry guys, I added my Pc specs. It did not save properly after i did a quick Edit.
The controls are intended that way but you can easily change it by inverting your left analog stick using pcsx2's gamepad plugin. However what rendering mode are you using, hardware or software? The game runs fine on my low-end machine (GT 530 - i5-2023) with the latest SVN (Download Page). Your CPU on the other end is crappy indeed, way worse than mine. It's probably limiting your performance.
Thx i just fixed the controls like you said. I am using D11 Hardware mode. I did google the same Cpu and it showed me that other people were having better performance than me.

I dont know what SVN is, i am using the newest pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-setup. Idk if that is the same thing but a different name.
Your CPU really sucks, the only way anybody could get better performance on that game than you is if they overclocked it.

Sorry if i sound harsh, but i don't want to sugar coat it. For the purpose of PS2 emulation it really isn't sufficient.
Yeah, your CPU is the limiting factor here. You'd be better off upgrading altogether, really just a new MOBO and CPU.
I know its a crappy cpu but it still does not explain how can other people play in fast speeds withe the same cpu or even older . Other people like this guy is running this game in perfect speed with a super Old Pentium 4 prescot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9xZsvFavw

Even the Menus are slow for me .
(12-21-2013, 04:40 PM)BAN_KAI Wrote: [ -> ]I know its a crappy cpu but it still does not explain how can other people play in fast speeds withe the same cpu or even older . Other people like this guy is running this game in perfect speed with a super Old Pentium 4 prescot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9xZsvFavw

Even the Menus are slow for me .

maybe, but his clockrate is twice yours.
oevrclock your CPU to 2.5-3 Ghz and you'll get better results. Your cpu's architecture isn't the problem. Its low clockrate is...
Pages: 1 2