..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: lag on a good system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello

I have a very good system and i can't understand why i get 20-25 fps in MGS3. My system is:

GTX 770
i7 4770k @ 3.8 ghz
8 gb ram
Windows 64 bit

Can anyone tell me how to kill the lag, because when i play Def Jam Fight for N.Y it works without any problems, but this game really is unplayable. I know that it is a demanding game, but it should be able to run without any problems on my system..
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

edit : side question : does the lag you're talking aboiut happen during cutscenes ?
Not a bug report, moving.
(12-22-2013, 09:29 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

edit : side question : does the lag you're talking aboiut happen during cutscenes ?

It happens during cutscenes and when im playing.

- PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350
- Not really, but im running on DX11 as DX9 gives me a graphical glitch across the whole screen
- MGS3 as ISO.
can you please post the emulog.txt ?
Have you tried enabling speedhacks? especially MTVU?
(12-22-2013, 10:20 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried enabling speedhacks? especially MTVU?

He has to use SVN builds to get MTVU among other things as 1.0.0 does not have it
Im using the latest stable version. which is 1.0.0 and I have MTVU??
(12-22-2013, 10:41 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]He has to use SVN builds to get MTVU among other things as 1.0.0 does not have it

you were confused with old 0.9.8, I guess Tongue2
(12-22-2013, 10:45 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Im using the latest stable version. which is 1.0.0 and I have MTVU??

Yes MTVU is in there, not sure how much it will help with MGS3 though.

can you show us a screenshot of the errors?
Pages: 1 2 3