..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 partners with AVG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Wow, I'm actually ashamed. I've bragged about this emulator for years, written guides to help friends play with it, and considered it one of the greatest emulation achievments of all time, and now this? Bundling with OPT OUT Malware proven to harm systems? This is a massive low. I'm not sure if you're deleting negative criticism or the forum goers are largely ignorant, but there's no congratulations deserved here.

I honestly expected better, Rama and Refraction (Even AIR) always struck me as nice guys, but this? With your software expertise there's no way you don't know what you're doing.
Where do you come off? Calling all of us ignorant, and acting like you are some kind of God.

First of all remember this: It's THEIR work that went into this. Not yours. They give it away for free. They have spent thousands of hours of time on this project. Have you?

Whether the Toolbar is "malware" or not, and that's a matter of opinion, It does seem to use a few shady tactics modifying things that aren't explicitly stated it will. But "Proven to harm systems" ?

People need to learn to read the damned agreements anyway.

I never "accidentally" install any bundleware on my computer. Because I pay attention. It's not hard.

Also, it's open source. Compile it. Or download one of the SVN which has already been said will not include it.

You are entitled to your opinion. Saying it's a bad idea is one thing, calling the PCSX2 team out is going too far, IMO.
Quote:Bundling with OPT OUT Malware proven to harm systems?
care to share your proof ?
Quote:With your software expertise there's no way you don't know what you're doing.
glad you finally admit it Laugh
(12-30-2013, 07:52 AM)Basjohn Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I'm actually ashamed. I've bragged about this emulator for years, written guides to help friends play with it, and considered it one of the greatest emulation achievments of all time, and now this? Bundling with OPT OUT Malware proven to harm systems? This is a massive low. I'm not sure if you're deleting negative criticism or the forum goers are largely ignorant, but there's no congratulations deserved here.

I honestly expected better, Rama and Refraction (Even AIR) always struck me as nice guys, but this? With your software expertise there's no way you don't know what you're doing.
Overreacting, much? No need to act as if someone killed your first born child.

It's optional, chill your biscuits.
The partnership allows us to continue putting work hours into this complex emulator.
We realize the problems that come with the toolbar business but that's what the industry
does at the moment.
If donations or ads sufficed, we would've left everything as it was. They don't though.
If I wasn't broke I would definitely donate. One day... maybe March when I should be out of the hole lol.
Thanks Blyss, don't give away your last shirt though Tongue2
I am glad that some company will give money so I dont have to. Im broke also.
One day i am also donate some money to the forum.
As long as it's clearly visible and it can also be removed easily, I don't see the problem.

Though I suppose, if possible, it might be better to have no option selected and disable the "next" button until a choice is made. That way it's a conscious decision.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13