..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: .Hack Vol.3 Outbreak - Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing through this game right now and when I get to a certain boss in the game and use an attack necessary to defeat it I get "EE: Unrecognised COP0 op 4168c1a0" error in the console followed by a crash. I have tried three different builds of pcsx2 and also tried pretty much every different plugin I could get my hands on as well as trying to tweak both core and plugin settings. Despite my best efforts I cannot get passed this problem, the best results so far were a black screen and the same error in the console (minus the part after op for some reason). I realize I probably need to provide more information and if someone who is willing to help would tell me what info to post I'll make it happen. Even if someone could tell me what this error is referring to that would probably allow me to continue trying to troubleshoot this problem myself. I feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall with this one so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
First, try create a new ISO Img and run the game in the latest SVN revision. Also, disable any kinds of speedhacks / Cheats (Patches) you might be using.
One of the builds that I had previously tried was the latest (5773) Revision. I don't have any speedhacks or cheats enabled. Just to be sure though I did a fresh install and still the same problem. To be honest (and this may seem quite stupid) I'm not entirely sure how to create a new ISO. One thing I just noticed is its pumping out a long string of (EE: pc:001464c8 TLB Miss, addr=0xXX [load] (XX is different each line)) errors before it gives the "EE: Unrecognised COP0 op 4168c1a0" error and ultimately crashes completely. Thanks for the help so far, any more assistance would be awesome. I really want to finish this game.
(12-27-2013, 01:52 PM)LithiumRain Wrote: [ -> ]One of the builds that I had previously tried was the latest (5773) Revision. I don't have any speedhacks or cheats enabled. Just to be sure though I did a fresh install and still the same problem. To be honest (and this may seem quite stupid) I'm not entirely sure how to create a new ISO. One thing I just noticed is its pumping out a long string of (EE: pc:001464c8 TLB Miss, addr=0xXX [load] (XX is different each line)) errors before it gives the "EE: Unrecognised COP0 op 4168c1a0" error and ultimately crashes completely. Thanks for the help so far, any more assistance would be awesome. I really want to finish this game.

Yeah, really sounds like a bad rip. Go get imgburn to make your disc. Put the disc in your drive. Start imgburn. Click "Create image file from disc" Click the little tan/yellow folder and select a destination for the file that you can remember. Then click the button at the bottom of a disc with an arrow to a file.
Sorry about the slow response. I did a fresh rip and even resorted to finding a completely unrelated image out of desperation, all to no avail. Your help so far is greatly appreciated and anything else you could suggest would be awesome. I'll be really upset if I cant finish this game after already completing two from the series as the story takes place over four games. As a last resort I may try picking up a EUR version but then transferring my save data between the US and EUR games is impossible.
(12-29-2013, 11:21 PM)LithiumRain Wrote: [ -> ]As a last resort I may try picking up a EUR version but then transferring my save data between the US and EUR games is impossible.

Nope, it's not. As long as the game was a straight port and they didn't change the memory card format, usually you can convert them. I've done it before.

Anyway, I'm not sure that would help.

TLB miss is almost always a bad rip, or a bad cheat. In a very few games it happens if you don't BOOT FULL and use BOOT FAST, but AFAIK this isn't one of them. I don't have this game to test, so I'm out of ideas.

I'll think about it, but I'm not sure what to tell you.
I managed to get it working on the newest build with a clean install, fresh image (from another source), and using the full boot as opposed to fast boot. Not sure which of these corrective measures made it finally work. Maybe it was something hidden in the settings, but if I figure out exactly what was causing the problem I'll post it later. I thank you for all your help, seems like a really good support system is in place thanks to the good people here in this forum.