..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Some Games will Run but slowly, possibly a hardware issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but my few games for PCSX2 are labeled as compatible, but they run slowly. I believe it is a hardware problem, but my hardware is not listed on the "Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?" thread.

I am running a AMD A10-6790k APU 4.0 GHZ FM2 Socket (No OC on either the GPU or CPU portion of the APU) (Quad Core) with the Radeon HD 8670D APU GPU. The reason why i ask this is because I can run most of my higher-end games (Payday 2, GTA 4, and the like) directly from the GPU portion of the APU with no issues on medium-to-high settings with good resolution, but on my old machine, I ran my compatible games between 20-30+ fps, with only a dual-core Athlon ii X2 at 3.0 GHZ, and a crappy Nvidia Geforce 210. On my new machine I can barely run any games on PCSX2, and if i do, it runs anywhere between 5-13 FPS.

Is there anyway I could lower the settings on the emulator to make it go faster, without sacrificing the well-being of my APU by Overclocking?

The game I am trying to run is Mortal Kombat Armageddon with the USA Bios version 2.20 (gotten by dumping the BIOS from my later-model PS2), PCSX2 1.1.0 r5766, and I am running the game directly from my DVD-Drive.

Any suggestions, and if i asked this in the wrong place, someone please point me to the correct area? An image of the PCSX2 console is attached below.
Well, one thing that will make it faster: Run from an ISO image. You can make one with imgburn

#2 You can't compare PC games and emulation.

#3 Are you using any non default settings?
I will attempt making an ISO image, and I havent tweaked the settings besides making the controls on a keyboard but an Xbox 360 controller.

I will reply again if I see an improvement.
Try also enabling the MTVU speedhack.
You should also try out an overclock. The APU's unlocked, after all.
Quote:The game I am trying to run is Mortal Kombat Armageddon

That game is probably pretty demanding on the CPU. I used to have it, but I don't anymore so I can't test it myself right now, and so far no one has reported it to my CPU list thread.

If you have good cooling, you can overclock quite a bit without issues. Richland-based chips will easily reach 4.7~5.0ghz on air.

Here's what the pcsx2 wiki says:
Quote:PC specs used to test the game:
CPU: Core i5 2500k @ stock settings
GPU: MSI GTX 470 Hawk @ 758 core

Comments: Relatively easy to run- 100+ fps without framelimiter

So while the APU's CPU isn't as fast as the i5 Sandy Bridge, you shouldn't really be having issues running this game. Are you running it at native res?