..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 only using 1 core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried playing Tekken 4 and Ridge Racer V and it seems from Intel XTU only a single core is being used. Ive ticked the MTVU option (tried it off as well) and Im guessing MTGS is enabled by default (cant find option for it). My CPU utilisation is 30% maximum.

I also tried Tekken 5 and that consistently showed use of 2 cores once I was ingame but again it seems my system doesnt seem PCSX2 demanding enough.

I know that PCSX2 can only use 3 cores maximum but it should show at least 2 being used. What gives or is it normal?
Are you using software mode?
Hey,say to me-
Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
The version of PCSX2 you are using.
Any non default settings you are using.
You are playing them from ISO or Ps2 disk.
Specs are in sig, Im using an early December 2013 SVN. The only time PCSX2 uses more than 2 cores is when GSDX is in Software mode.
Try testing with the framelimiter off (F4)

Even when running at maximum speed, PCSX2 may not use 100% of any core.
I tried unlocking the framerate and yeah CPU usage shot up. Is there anything I can do from the OS to make sure that the CPU dedicates a certain amount of resources to PCSX2? Neither option for me is good as an unlocked framerate is too fast for gameplay but it also means that the CPU gets really hot quickly and so the TB keeps changing its speed and the no. of cores it uses for PCSX2 (meaning big dips also).
I'm sorry, but I really don't see what the problem is. When the framerate is limited in hardware mode, does it work in full speed? Also, to "dedicate" a portion of your processor to one task, use affinity and priority options in task manager
Switch to Linux you'll get 240% CPU usage then.Biggrin
8 threads*30%=2.4 cores being used.
(01-09-2014, 05:06 AM)Rassane Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, but I really don't see what the problem is. When the framerate is limited in hardware mode, does it work in full speed? Also, to "dedicate" a portion of your processor to one task, use affinity and priority options in task manager
The problem is that everything wildly fluctuates, when the framerate is limited there is still fluctuation as my system goes from a single to dual core with a changing speed.

As for priority, by default everything is set to use every core and thread.
Check your temps with coretemp - maybe you are getting hot and throttling.
Pages: 1 2