..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: AMD Compatibility.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is RC 5766 not compatible with AMD Based PCs?

I've an FX-6350 & a HD7870 Ghz Edition from ASUS. Their Direct CU 2 line.

I could get Ace Combat 4 to run on my old ladies Phenom 2, and GT 610 2GB I've got Win 7 Home Prem loaded on both PCs

But for the life of me it crashes the emulator every time I boot it up.
I've tried searching to see if any one had a similar issue but I couldn't find anything.
It's compatible. Something is wrong with your setup.

What error message do you get on crash?
(01-09-2014, 03:58 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]It's compatible. Something is wrong with your setup.

What error message do you get on crash?

Nothing. I just get the standard "XXX has stopped working"

I'm not getting an error code or anything.

Is there a log somewhere I can look into?
documents>PCSX2>logs>emulog.txt
That won't help in this case, I don't think Nobbs. If it crashes that quick I doubt it wrote to emulog. But you never know, worth a look.

Try this: Update your Visual C++ redistributable. Update DirectX. Try running as administrator.
(01-09-2014, 04:12 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]That won't help in this case, I don't think Nobbs. If it crashes that quick I doubt it wrote to emulog. But you never know, worth a look.

Try this: Update your Visual C++ redistributable. Update DirectX. Try running as administrator.

I -JUST- Got the damned thing to boot up.

I had to force the graphic's plugin to start in Software DX11.

I might switch down to DX9 or something tho.

I was hoping this new system could give me a decent Framerate.
Your system is very similar to mine (FX 6300 and HD 7870 GHZ edition). If you push that CPU to 4.1 - 4.2Ghz you will do great.

It sounds to me like your DX needs updated though.
(01-09-2014, 04:16 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Your system is very similar to mine (FX 6300 and HD 7870 GHZ edition). If you push that CPU to 4.1 - 4.2Ghz you will do great.

It sounds to me like your DX needs updated though.

I would OC but I'm a cheap ass, worried stock cooler couldn't handle the heat nor my motherboard.
The 6350 is stock 3.9 turbo 4.2 anyway, so you should be good. It will throttle itself if it gets too hot anyway, unless you set an insane setting.
(01-09-2014, 03:53 AM)SainnQ Wrote: [ -> ]Is RC 5766 not compatible with AMD Based PCs?

I've an FX-6350 & a HD7870 Ghz Edition from ASUS. Their Direct CU 2 line.

I could get Ace Combat 4 to run on my old ladies Phenom 2, and GT 610 2GB I've got Win 7 Home Prem loaded on both PCs

But for the life of me it crashes the emulator every time I boot it up.
I've tried searching to see if any one had a similar issue but I couldn't find anything.

Nvidia GT 610 is not meant as a gaming card by any means. It wont be able to do much at all. I believe a Intel HD4000 is better than a GT 610 is.
Pages: 1 2