..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cheat folder Inaccessible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello I'm a new member on here but ive been using pcsx2 for a while now but im not completely clued on with all the ins and outs of it
ive been trying to get using cheats for a while now and its taken me ages to even attampt to get the files sorted I am pretty sure ive got the files right but just to be safe this is how i have it set out
//gametitle=Star Ocean Till the End of Time
comment=SO3 EXP Gained Per Battle x4
patch=1,EE,E0011026,extended,002530C0
patch=1,EE,202530D4,extended,00129080
//fol gained per battle x4
patch=1,EE,E0013023,extended,00253480
patch=1,EE,2025348C,extended,00129080
//One Hit Fills Battle Gauge
patch=1,EE,D03F5D80,extended,0000802D
patch=1,EE,203F5D80,extended,24102710

the file name is 23a97857.pnach and its a PNACH file my pcsx2 is installed into a file i made in my c drive so not the programme files
but when i load star ocean up it keep coming up saying The Cheats folder ('C:\Users\user\Documents\PCSX2\cheats') is inaccessible. Skipping...
Overall 0 Cheats loaded
so Im at a loose end as to what the crack is basically. Ive pretty much guessed my way with the cheats so far so any help would be appreciated
If the emulator is installed at C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) you should uninstall it and install it into a user created folder, something like C:\PCSX2 or C:\Emulators\PCSX2 should do the trick.

All kind of access rights issues come from having games installed in Windows specially protected folders and you should avoid it from now on, even to PC games.
Or use a stable binary or SVN as they are completely self-contained.
Like I said I've installed it into a folder I made in my c drive c/emulators/pcsx2 as it happens like you said it just doesn't seem to be getting into the folder or something I don't know what a binary is or an svn I'm using 1.0.0 if that helps
The message says the cheat engine is finding the file but can't access it. The advice is copying/moving the whole PCSX2 folder under /documents to merge it with the PCSX2 installation folder.

Once it's done create an empty txt file and rename it to Portable.ini under PCSX2 main folder.

The above will force PCSX2 to look inside it's own folder structure and then, hopefully, resolve access rights issues and make the emulator really portable.

It's possible the plugins and patches wizard will pop once, make sure the paths point to correct places (actually you may want to verify the paths anyway).

Finally, is possible that the files are actually inaccessible due to "possible" mess from originally installing on Program Files (as being under Documents suggests) and/or running as administrator, in this case you may want to verify and grant access directly under the files properties -> Security.

Those are general procedures to try and solve the problem, better would be posting actual screenshots and the emulog so we don't need to try and guess what's wrong, since the cheat codes themselves seem correct and should not generate that message.

Edit: Wait. If I recall correctly the cheats folder should be under PCSX2 "install" folder in all cases and not under the Documents, this might be the sole problem.
Thanks for the advice I'm not sure I fully understood everything but I'll see what I can do and if it still don't work I'll post pictures up
I've finally sorted the problem I downloaded a binary like you guys said before thanks guys much appreciated
(01-18-2014, 08:32 PM)Vastolorde89 Wrote: [ -> ]I've finally sorted the problem I downloaded a binary like you guys said before thanks guys much appreciated

Can you post the link to where you got the binary? I'm having the same issue you are