..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Non-english section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well you guys can always trust in me for being a moderator (i'm a moderator in another forum Smile)
OK, I will write it one last last time.

There is never going to be a non-english section. NEVER.

We want to be able to see everything that goes on in the forum, and we want for every member of the team to be able to do so.

So no, it will never happen. Period.
(02-24-2009, 12:52 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]well you guys can always trust in me for being a moderator (i'm a moderator in another forum Smile)
the one I was an admin for was shut down (no, I didn't start it either)
Even people have managed to master English, they tend to reside at their mother language's forum than English forum. I guess.

That can't be good. Since PCSX2 is worldwide, people would better communicate with each other all over the world, the way more efficient to evolve one's PCSX2 skills and knowledges.

I suppose the majority here are native English speakers.Tongue
tl;dr

learn english
Country top 5 (Visitors to pcsx2.net):
United States - (706,921)
Japan - (524,869)
Brazil - (504,787)
Germany - (392,980)
France - (331,084)

Anyway, I know there tons of unofficial pcsx2 forums out there, and many offer native language support Smile
And there's support via PM.
rama is right, there are many unofficial support forums and fan groups for PCSX2. You will notice 99% of the support offered here is actually user based support. Occasionally the devs and mods will kick in with a reply, but a majority of the time the community runs itself, so there is no real need for the site to have multilingual forums, the web provides pleanty.

We as a team just like to make sure what is said here is legal and supply a primary point for support and discussion, being that most of us only speak english (maybe very broken other languages or uncommon languages as to the catagory of the emulator) keeping it english for moderation purposes is the only solution.
(07-27-2009, 05:19 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]Even people have managed to master English, they tend to reside at their mother language's forum than English forum. I guess.

That can't be good. Since PCSX2 is worldwide, people would better communicate with each other all over the world, the way more efficient to evolve one's PCSX2 skills and knowledges.

It's actually good that people who are not fluent with english focus their attention on native language forums. If we had multilingual forms here most of the devs would be unable to participate on them, unless the forum happened to be in one of the devs' native or secondary tongues. Since they would be unable to participate, the forum would be little different than if it were hosted somewhere other than pcsx2.net. It would be part of the list here, sure, but it would end up being isolated -- people would still have to delve into the english section for up-to-date and pertinent support most of the time.

With non-english forums, the focus of attention can be different and, I suspect, the overall level of support and comprehensibility for the users would be much higher. So really it's best that way.
Well, maybe you could provide a "resource page" that link to forum in other languages.
Or make a "sticky topic" with a collection of "non english" links .
That's, just a suggestion. Take it or forget it, thanks.
Pages: 1 2