..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FYI: Videocard Benchmark Chart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just came across this on the net, I know its another 3D benchmark program, but it should give you some idea of GPU performance differences.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/chart.html
That chart can't be very accurate for an overall rating of all video cards..

I have an EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB (G92) PCI-E x16 2.0 which has a score of 1,056 and is ranked #17, with "37 samples".

Then I look above and see the GeForce 9600GT ranked #14! That alone tells me something is very wrong.

Even the GeForce 9800GX2 is listed only at rank #15 with a score of 1,070. The 9800GX2 consists of two G92 cores combined into a single card. Or for those who don't know what the G92 core is, the 9800GX2 has two GeForce 8800GTS 512MB PCI-E x16 2.0 video cards into one. Logically we would think of the 9800GX2 of being twice the strength or power of a single 8800GTS 512MB, yet it isn't. Same thing with running any card via SLI, Crossfire, or triple/quad SLI. There is a loss of performance, but SLI is noted as running a minimum of 1.5 times the speed of any single graphics card alone.
But you fail to account for games which SLI doesn't work with but in all it's kind of useless as it's very ap dependant. The only given is that newer gen of cards will likely run better then the older gen and that for now in gsdx nvidia is better than ATI.
I knew these my card is not that bad comments will come, its just for a rough idea, if you want to find out all the little details of all performance, in various games you can't fit it on a single web page. Its intended for rough estimates.