..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 will never get Mip Mapping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First,i want to tell you guys i know adding mip mapping can be harder,but man,PPSSPP is an PSP emulator created on the last year and it just got mip mapping.
I Don't know if PS2 is more complex to add this than PSP,but i think is hour to work harder on adding mip mapping,i still expect this thing for this year... i hope.
The PS2 is far far more complex than the PSP, but it's not a technical limitation like that which is the problem. The issue is the design of GSDX, it would require a complete rewrite of the plugin to implement it, which is not an easy job.

You will find however software mode (F9) has mipmapping support.
hmmm ok,i will still keeping hope of one day i see Jak,Ratchet and other games who were bugged now,working without these bugs and glitchs
(01-31-2014, 08:37 PM)Zangetsu276 Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm ok,i will still keeping hope of one day i see Jak,Ratchet and other games who were bugged now,working without these bugs and glitchs

it does in software mode.
it's as simple as this.
(01-31-2014, 08:52 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]it does in software mode.
it's as simple as this.

I Saying in hardware mode,i don't have a PS3 to play the HD collection and that's sad,but i will have faith and hope this one day gonna run every game in hardware mode!
So mipmapping is related to the texture problems/graphical glitches in R&C series ?
yes
(02-01-2014, 02:57 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: [ -> ]So mipmapping is related to the texture problems/graphical glitches in R&C series ?

And for Jak bugs too