..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: BLACK SCREEN- Red Faction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey guys,

When playing Red Faction, the entire screen goes black when the Rocket Launcher and Fusion Rocket Launcher are equipped, and also it goes black when using the Rail Driver's scope.

The common factor: All three have thermal vision. The rocket launchers automatically have heat vision on the weapon and therefore cause a black screen as soon as they are equipped for use, however the Rail Driver only causes the screen to go black when using the heat vision scope.

The game still functions, and I can see lights and outlines of walls. Explosions have color too. I can pause the game and go to the main menu without any issue at all. Nothing I do, no setting, no plugin, seems to fix the issue. Playing the game without bombs is silly...the game became popular because people could blow the crap outta everything. Red Faction without rockets=crap.

FYI: All drivers are up to date. I even did several full uninstallations/reinstallations of several more current and older graphics drivers without success- bug still remained. Then I even did my usual HDD wipe/reformat and did a completely fresh Win 7 install on both computers which did not help (I do this every 6 months anyway). No viruses or OS issues are involved in this error, that is for sure.

I do not believe the bug/error is on my end. Both of my computers are well above the recommended specs for using PCSX2 so I hope you guys can maybe solve the issue!

By the way, YOU GUYS AT PCSX2 ARE AMAZING. I love you guys for sure.

I was not sure where to put this post due to its nature, but out of the bug/error/compatibility forums I saw, this seemed the most logical since its clearly a graphical/visual/compatibility bug.

My computers I use to play RED FACTION:

Alienware Aurora-R3, BIOS A06 (latest)
Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit x86 SP1
Intel Core i7 Quad 2600k at 4.1GHz
8GB Kingston Hyper X Predator RAM at 1867MHz
Dual 2GB (4GB) AMD 6950's in CrossfireX (attempted CFX gameplay disabled/enabled; problem remained)

Alienware M17 (2006 model), BIOS B13 (latest and last)
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit x64, SP1
Intel Core 2 Extreme x9100 at 3.067GHz, Unlocked & OC'd to 3.4GHz
8GB Corsair RAM at 1333MHz
Dual 512MB (1GB) ATI 3870's in Crossfire
Force software rendering with F9 when the problem happens. Press it again to turn off.
Yeah, I tried that, it did not solve or remove the issue at all. When the screen goes black I have to restart the level to make it go away. Such a disappointment. I hope someone has an answer for sure. This was probably the best sci-fi FPS on the PS2.
What version of the emulator are you running? do you get any errors in the console window when it goes black?
You can see here that the game is not known to have bugs(in fact it has been playable since 0.9.2):
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Red-Facti...3-U--28934

Any non default settings? Speedhacks? Scaling? Game fixes? Clamping? Rounding?
You link is failedd Blyss,and...refraction make a good ask....and sometimes games can broken....you never know,right?,consert one can break other or causes a little bug.
fixed your linking fail ;p
Wow all I did was copy paste the link. How did that wayward space get in it o_O
it wasn't the space, it was the full stop you put at the end that buggered it.

(i think the space was me Tongue)
Pages: 1 2 3 4