..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 1.2.0 lower FPS then in 1.1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 cpu @ 3.40GHz
Ram: 16GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700

I don't know if this is a known issue or not but I am able to play God of War 2 & Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus in 1.1.0 with 60 FPS no problem hell i could probably run it in 1080p no problem...

although in 1.2.0 i barely get 45 FPS same settings as i would have in 1.1.0 , also in 1.2.0 to make it playable @60 FPS VU cycle stealing needs to be at 1

* So what I mean is if I had both running side by side same exact settings 1.1.0 would excel while 1.2.0 would fall behind in FPS

Note: I am new to forum is this where I post findings like these?
weird.
I was just playing god of war 2, and had actually better results than with 1.0.0
did you make sure to put mtvu back on? cause it off by defualt
ok so yesterday I was working and today i will test these some more ill have my answers tonight
Also speed is not a bug, so moving.
(02-03-2014, 06:25 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]did you make sure to put mtvu back on? cause it off by defualt

From what I noticed enabling MTVU doesn't do anything for most games. On the games it does work on ads only a 5-10 FPS increase that I found out. But regardless it doesn't hurt to always have it on.
(02-04-2014, 07:17 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I noticed enabling MTVU doesn't do anything for most games. On the games it does work on ads only a 5-10 FPS increase that I found out. But regardless it doesn't hurt to always have it on.

depends on your CPU. I've had games run 30-40fps faster with it. (i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz). For example God of War, i struggled to get 30-40fps, but i can run it at full speed constantly with MTVU.
(02-04-2014, 07:25 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]depends on your CPU. I've had games run 30-40fps faster with it. (i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz). For example God of War, i struggled to get 30-40fps, but i can run it at full speed constantly with MTVU.

Most of my games get atleast 10-20 FPS extra too. I always have it enabled.
Games are being emulated more accurately, so it's not a stretch to say that speed suffers due to this.
(02-04-2014, 07:17 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I noticed enabling MTVU doesn't do anything for most games. On the games it does work on ads only a 5-10 FPS increase that I found out. But regardless it doesn't hurt to always have it on.

highly depend on the game and the cpu. but work great it drops the load on the gs from 90% to 50% most the games i have and as result they run much better and stay 60fps more then it does on with it off.

I have yet to find a game I own that dont run better with it on
Pages: 1 2