..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Why did you guys have make the emulator have an installer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like the old way better you download the files in a RAR/zip file and go from it from there. Also putting the MC files in the app data area is a pain as well. I like how everything was altogether in the same folder. I must be the only one though.
If you don't like the installer then just use an SVN version, those are .7z files.
Stable builds always had an installer they also had binary of the stable builds only like the svn build are just the binary zip. it always been like this. dont know what you talking about mc? memory card files? they always get put in the pcsx2 directory be default. not sure what this app data area is about , people should not being us default directory to be with ( shouldnt have pcsx2 in program folders it cause issue), I have my Memory card files in same place i have my iso rips which is out side my pcsx2 directory. So as switch from build to build does not cause accidentally memory card files loses
I must be blind...
(02-04-2014, 10:30 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: [ -> ]I must be blind...

I'd say so Wink
(02-04-2014, 10:30 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: [ -> ]I must be blind...

No kidding.
I have a folder on my desktop called "Emulators", and in that, a "PCSX2" folder.
Every time I upgrade SVNs, I'll extract it and drag my memory cards and games and BIOS over.

I do agree, it's why I prefer SVN builds, I hate going to Program Files since it feels so disconnected from the rest of my computer.
(02-05-2014, 01:18 AM)devina40 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a folder on my desktop called "Emulators", and in that, a "PCSX2" folder.
Every time I upgrade SVNs, I'll extract it and drag my memory cards and games and BIOS over.

I do agree, it's why I prefer SVN builds, I hate going to Program Files since it feels so disconnected from the rest of my computer.

It's not like the installer forces you to put it in program files, it's just the suggested default location, you can change it to whatever you like.
(02-05-2014, 01:18 AM)devina40 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a folder on my desktop called "Emulators", and in that, a "PCSX2" folder.

Just make a shortcut for it.
Pages: 1 2