..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Slow-mo problem (Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well if it does run well on his, which is extremely unlikely, you should share the settings he used here.
Well I'm still waiting on that, but I discovered something. I noticed that the game doesn't enter slow-mo from the start. If I stand still, anywhere, it runs normally, but when I hit 30 m/h or so slow-mo kicks in hard. I messed around with this a bit more and realized that the faster I drive, the slower the game runs.

I've actually had this problem in a PC game as well, namely Driver: You Are The Wheelman. Driver gives you the option to set the frame limiter in-game how you want it, or disable it altogether. But if you disable it, the faster you drive, the slower the game runs, just like Midnight Club 3 on PCSX2.

So I went ahead and tinkered with the frame limiter and set the Slow Motion Adjust to 5% instead of the default 50%, and it seems to have boosted the game a bit. What more can I do?
(02-10-2014, 09:16 PM)Eurotrash Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm still waiting on that, but I discovered something. I noticed that the game doesn't enter slow-mo from the start. If I stand still, anywhere, it runs normally, but when I hit 30 m/h or so slow-mo kicks in hard. I messed around with this a bit more and realized that the faster I drive, the slower the game runs.

I've actually had this problem in a PC game as well, namely Driver: You Are The Wheelman. Driver gives you the option to set the frame limiter in-game how you want it, or disable it altogether. But if you disable it, the faster you drive, the slower the game runs, just like Midnight Club 3 on PCSX2.

So I went ahead and tinkered with the frame limiter and set the Slow Motion Adjust to 5% instead of the default 50%, and it seems to have boosted the game a bit. What more can I do?
That's the blur effects killing your speed.
(02-10-2014, 09:20 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]That's the blur effects killing your speed.

I'm not sure. They don't kick in up until... 80 km/h? I think?

But I hate motion blur anyway. Can I disable it?
(02-10-2014, 09:16 PM)Eurotrash Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm still waiting on that, but I discovered something. I noticed that the game doesn't enter slow-mo from the start. If I stand still, anywhere, it runs normally, but when I hit 30 m/h or so slow-mo kicks in hard. I messed around with this a bit more and realized that the faster I drive, the slower the game runs.

Try using skipdraw to get rid of the blur effect.
(02-10-2014, 09:28 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Try using skipdraw to get rid of the blur effect.

I have. Game ran worse and looked worse.
(02-10-2014, 09:40 PM)Eurotrash Wrote: [ -> ]I have. Game ran worse and looked worse.

Which numbers did you try?
(02-10-2014, 09:42 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Which numbers did you try?

10, 20, 50 (nothing changed as far as I could tell), 100 (bad) and I tried 75 just now, same as 100.
(02-10-2014, 09:44 PM)Eurotrash Wrote: [ -> ]10, 20, 50 (nothing changed as far as I could tell), 100 (bad) and I tried 75 just now, same as 100.

Try from 1-10.
(02-10-2014, 09:47 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Try from 1-10.

Done. Nothing :/

Doesn't matter I doubt it's the motion blur anyway. To be honest I can hardly see any, and like I said it probably triggers at much higher speeds.
Pages: 1 2 3 4