..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Questions about Final Fantasy XII and Shadow of Colossus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys get slow down when running FFXII in fullscreen mode?

The games runs near flawless (55-60fps) for me in windowed mode, even maximised windowed mode...but the minute I alt+enter it slows down (35-40 fps), well not all the time but during cutscenes and areas with lots of people in them. Any Ideas. I don't really need a solution per se, as I just run it in maximised mode but, I do prefer to play without seeing my taskbar etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any ideas why Shadow of Colossus runs so slowly. I thought it was the rendering of Wander and Argo, particulary Argo (the horse), but once a Colossus enters the picture...the game doesn't get any slower, it still runs at the same speed.

I did notice, however, in scenes with no light, like in a cave, the game sped up. I wondered if it was the rendering of the lighting effects that slows down the game. I wondered, again, if it were possible to disable the lighting effects, however, finding the Colossus requires you to use your sword to reflect the light. So...any theories?

For the FFXII question my specs are in my sig and my config is:-

Pcsx2 beta rev. 528
Gsdx 1.14 (Directx 10, Int. Res. 1024*1024, Fullscreen reso. 1920*1080 60hz)
Spu-X 1.1.0
uhm... only regarding ffxii, are you sure those areas exclusively "lag" in fullscreen? are you sure you choosing the correct fullscreen resolution and frequency? instead of using alt+enter, try running in fullscreen from the beginning...

i don't know if any of this helps but it doesn't hurt to try
fullscreen from the beginning works only with DX9
as far as colossus goes, the sword thing isnt technically a lighting effect in the traditional sense, just an effect such as gunfire. Putting the game into progressive scan mode helps too, I think cause it stops the motion blur? not sure
(02-26-2009, 02:16 PM)Scant Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys get slow down when running FFXII in fullscreen mode?

The games runs near flawless (55-60fps) for me in windowed mode, even maximised windowed mode...but the minute I alt+enter it slows down (35-40 fps), well not all the time but during cutscenes and areas with lots of people in them. Any Ideas. I don't really need a solution per se, as I just run it in maximised mode but, I do prefer to play without seeing my taskbar etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any ideas why Shadow of Colossus runs so slowly. I thought it was the rendering of Wander and Argo, particulary Argo (the horse), but once a Colossus enters the picture...the game doesn't get any slower, it still runs at the same speed.

I did notice, however, in scenes with no light, like in a cave, the game sped up. I wondered if it was the rendering of the lighting effects that slows down the game. I wondered, again, if it were possible to disable the lighting effects, however, finding the Colossus requires you to use your sword to reflect the light. So...any theories?

For the FFXII question my specs are in my sig and my config is:-

Pcsx2 beta rev. 528
Gsdx 1.14 (Directx 10, Int. Res. 1024*1024, Fullscreen reso. 1920*1080 60hz)
Spu-X 1.1.0

I ran the whole FF12 NTSC at full screen at 60 FPS, but I used DX9. It is demanding on some places in the game like when there is a lot of people in towns or in some fights. I didn't have drops on these cases but I see you have a Core I7 running at "only" 2.66 Ghz. The Core I7 is an awesome processor that's sure, but PCSX2 only uses 2 cores, and needs a good core clock to run a majority of games correctly.

I played FF12 at the beginning at my base 2.8 core clock, and I had some slowdowns but since I made my OC no more problems. Well it's not recommended blabla but if you can and know how to do that try boosting a little your core clock - I think if you can overclock it to 2.8-3 Ghz it will be better for you.

Shadow of the Colossus is known to work slowly, use the speedhack X3 for this game and the other ones, you should have a good speedup. But it's known the game is pretty demanding. Smile