..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need help with setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know i probably shouldnt post this but im new to the PCSX2 and would like to set up perfectly, so im asking if one of you pros can assist me in setting this up? i know its a guide out there but i rather have help from you guys directly, if you would like to help with setup i can post my PC specs, if not my apologies for asking but just figured i would take a shot at it, as every video i see of yours on youtube runs so beautifully and i want the same thing lol, so hopefully you pros will help.
(02-14-2014, 01:41 AM)Gamesmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I know i probably shouldnt post this but im new to the PCSX2 and would like to set up perfectly, so im asking if one of you pros can assist me in setting this up? i know its a guide out there but i rather have help from you guys directly, if you would like to help with setup i can post my PC specs, if not my apologies for asking but just figured i would take a shot at it, as every video i see of yours on youtube runs so beautifully and i want the same thing lol, so hopefully you pros will help.

Your specs are a must
try posting the results from your PC, or depending on if its a Mac, Windows, or Linux im sure there are some interesting threads
Dell XPS 8500

CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

RAM
12 GB

OS
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Video Card
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
Pixel Shader Version 5.0
Vertex Shader Version 5.0
Dedicated Video RAM 1 GB

Sound Card
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Hard Drive
2 TB
honestly, your pc sounds like running the default setting would, i mean under video changing the dx9 to dx11 would give better graphics, but for the game play there really should be no issue, and other then that, mess around with the settings and see what works best, everyone's system is different
(02-14-2014, 01:41 AM)Gamesmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I know i probably shouldnt post this but im new to the PCSX2 and would like to set up perfectly, so im asking if one of you pros can assist me in setting this up? i know its a guide out there but i rather have help from you guys directly, if you would like to help with setup i can post my PC specs, if not my apologies for asking but just figured i would take a shot at it, as every video i see of yours on youtube runs so beautifully and i want the same thing lol, so hopefully you pros will help.

The is no perfect configuration for every game.

Some games require specific settings.

Your GPU is quite weak but you have a good Proccessor

Try enabling MTVU speedhack, except for games on this list:

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Games-that-may-not-work-well-with-MTVU

If you tell us what games you wanna play we can help you set them up. - It will be much easier that way.