..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Fatal Frame/Shadow of Colossus Slow GTX 680
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Specs:
Intel Core i5 3570k overclocked to 4.2
Nvidia GTX 680
250GB SSD
16GB Corsair Ram

When i run Fatal Frame 1 the fps in the opening video drops between 45-60 with laggy sound, and the gameplay is around 59fps with slow sound

When I run Shadow of the Colossus, i get around 45fps+ and sound seems laggy

I have GSdx 5878 SSE41 settings, and MTVU enabled. Otherwise everything is default.

Any suggestions?
(02-16-2014, 03:49 AM)SuperiorCarnage Wrote: [ -> ]My Specs:
Intel Core i5 3570k overclocked to 4.2
Nvidia GTX 680
250GB SSD
16GB Corsair Ram

When i run Fatal Frame 1 the fps in the opening video drops between 45-60 with laggy sound, and the gameplay is around 59fps with slow sound

When I run Shadow of the Colossus, It says i have 60fps but the sound seems laggy as well

I have GSdx 5878 SSE41 settings, and MTVU enabled. Otherwise everything is default.

Any suggestions?
For SotC turn off mtvu and and use vu cycle stealing.
Try changing the audio sync mode to Async Mix.
(02-16-2014, 04:54 AM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the audio sync mode to Async Mix.

I did that and i guess its smoother but it comes with a stutter/echo. Any fix.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions
Try changing the module to XAudio 2.
sotc runs bad anyway, its normal
Try setting VU cycle stealing to 1 or 2 for Shadow of the Colossus and experiment with mtvu. For me mtvu improved performance in SotC but for some people it has negative impact on performance.

My CPU is I7 2600 3.4 Ghz and I only had to set VU cycle stealing to 1 to get perfect performance.
(02-16-2014, 12:22 PM)Coma Wrote: [ -> ]sotc runs bad anyway, its normal

No it doesn't, with a rig like his he can get full speed.

Set EE and VU cycle stealing to 2 and set progressive scan in the game's options. Also set Half-Pixel offset Hack and Aggressive CRC in GSdx HW hacks