..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Black Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When ever I try to enter a game or just to access the start up screen for the playstion 2 emulation(ie. the memory card screen) all I get is a black screen can someone help me out with this?

Please help,
Spsranger
(02-17-2014, 08:07 PM)Spsranger Wrote: [ -> ]When ever I try to enter a game or just to access the start up screen for the playstion 2 emulation(ie. the memory card screen) all I get is a black screen can someone help me out with this?

Please help,
Spsranger

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.

The version of PCSX2 you are using.

Any non default settings you are using.

What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD. Thank You.
CPU-Toshiba
Graphics Card-Intel® Media Accelerator 3150
Memory- RAM 1024mb Graphic card Memory 250mb
Processor-Intel Atom
Operating System-Windows 7 Starter 32 Biit
PCX2 Version 1.2.1
Trying to play Sims 2 petes,and Castaway and Crash Tag team racing on ISOs
Quote:Graphics Card-IntelĀ® Media Accelerator 3150
Your best bet is to press F9 (will switch to software mode) but since your PC is really old and weak, games will be unplayably slow.
Yeah that CPU is really really weak too.
Did you forget to install the Visual Studio 2013 redistributable ?
you can Download it from HERE

if the latest stable version doesn't work, you could try one of the older svn versions from here , i would suggest anything from 5625 onwards,

i still use some of the old builds, and although they can be a little slow sometimes they still work Smile

sadly though the older versions aren't supported

hope that helps Smile
(02-17-2014, 11:46 PM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: [ -> ]Did you forget to install the Visual Studio 2013 redistributable ?
you can Download it from HERE

if the latest stable version doesn't work, you could try one of the older svn versions from here , i would suggest anything from 5625 onwards,

i still use some of the old builds, and although they can be a little slow sometimes they still work Smile

sadly though the older versions aren't supported

hope that helps Smile

Did you see his specs?
(02-17-2014, 11:47 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see his specs?

yes, but he should still be able to get the emulator working, just not very fast Sad

as for his games:
Sims 2 - Pets SLUS21536 appears to work in version 0.9.9 (from http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=S page 10 )

Sims 2 - Castaway SLUS21664 is listed as working in version 1.1.0

sadly Crash Tag Team Racing SLUS21191 (from http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=C page 6 ) is listed as only going in game Sad

i don't know how cpu intensive the sims games are, but i would think they would require a lot of cpu power to run them

maybe best as someone has said in the past, to keep playing them on your ps2 until you get a better pc Wink
(02-18-2014, 12:07 AM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: [ -> ]yes, but he should still be able to get the emulator working, just not very fast Sad

as for his games:
Sims 2 - Pets SLUS21536 appears to work in version 0.9.9 (from http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=S page 10 )

Sims 2 - Castaway SLUS21664 is listed as working in version 1.1.0

sadly Crash Tag Team Racing SLUS21191 (from http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=C page 6 ) is listed as only going in game Sad

i don't know how cpu intensive the sims games are, but i would think they would require a lot of cpu power to run them

maybe best as someone has said in the past, to keep playing them on your ps2 until you get a better pc Wink

His GPu won't be able to handle anything else but software mode.
his CPu is unfortunately too slow to handle software mode correctly even in the lightest games.
The problem of op is black screen not their specification or something ! They want a solution for black screen ! Then why we still stick with their specification? :-/

@op-what actually happen's during you get black screen? Can you able to post the emulog.txt of game? Maybe they will give us the direction to find an solution for it!
Pages: 1 2