..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't take screenshots in PCSX2 latest Rev
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I've noticed that the emulator doesn't take screenshots(F8). Revisions 553, 580, 592 and 612 - no dice. And I've made sure that I'm using GSDX 0.1.12 since 0.1.13 and 0.1.14 can't take screenshots either. Just reporting if anybody didn't notice.
Do you have a "snaps" directory there?
some revisions had "snap" directory instead of "snaps" Wink
yea i've tried to do a snapshot too (have snap, and snaps folder), and it doesn't take a shot, so i just use the "print screen" button (alt+print screen Smile)
same deal, no go for screenshots for me as well Wink
Again Edit your SNAP Folder to SNAPS Folder

it does work under GSDX using Vista and dx10 ( Press F8 ) and it will be saved under the SNAPS Folder
snaps folder is there Wink doesn't work under Software Mode ~ Windows XP
Confirmed not functional (w/snaps folder) with DX9 hardware mode on GSdx (890 0.1.14) as well. ZeroGS 0.97.1 works fine, so this is GSdx specific, and apparently GSdx + DX9 specific. The "snaps" folder will actually be created if it doesn't exist (or it is by ZeroGS, anyway, I assume that's a chunk of code that's generic to the screenshotting function, and not GS specific, but I didn't look at the source). I tested this with 0.9.6 release, and svn r-651, same result, non-functional on GSdx + DX9, functional on ZeroGS0.97.1.
You could use my screen shot program. It's called Howie's Quick Screen Capture. Click to Download

As long as your game is running in a window, you can capture it.
Yup, "snaps" got the job done! Happy Thanks a lot, guys! Cool
Pages: 1 2