..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Disgaea running at 25 fps dood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

I don't want to sound like a newb, but I've never used pcsx2 before. I just today downloaded 1.3 for linux and well I can't figure this out. I've only tried two other games so far, la pucelle tactics(which came out to the usa a year later), disgaea 2(which is running at a solid 60 fps and came out three years after disgaea 1) and I haven't tried shadow of colossus or okami yet though.

I've been fidgeting with the gsdx for a hour and I can't figure this out; can someone give me a quick run down of what the different setting are?

Before you ask what computer it is I made it myself. I don't remember the motherboard, but the specs are I think 3.2 ghz cpu, 4 gb of ram, and nvidia 9400 gt. It's semi-old and plan on replacing it in a couple months.

I just don't know why disgaea doesn't want to work when the other games are.
(02-22-2014, 10:32 AM)uc9 Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

I don't want to sound like a newb, but I've never used pcsx2 before. I just today downloaded 1.3 for linux and well I can't figure this out. I've only tried two other games so far, la pucelle tactics(which came out to the usa a year later), disgaea 2(which is running at a solid 60 fps and came out three years after disgaea 1) and I haven't tried shadow of colossus or okami yet though.

I've been fidgeting with the gsdx for a hour and I can't figure this out; can someone give me a quick run down of what the different setting are?

Before you ask what computer it is I made it myself. I don't remember the motherboard, but the specs are I think 3.2 ghz cpu, 4 gb of ram, and nvidia 9400 gt. It's semi-old and plan on replacing it in a couple months.

I just don't know why disgaea doesn't want to work when the other games are.

i guss, this is your cpu which cant able to exceed the full speed of game! Bytheway did you use somespeedhacks or something! Btw pcsx2 in linux give poor performance then that of windows version!
(02-22-2014, 10:40 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]i guss, this is your cpu which cant able to exceed the full speed of game! Bytheway did you use somespeedhacks or something! Btw pcsx2 in linux give poor performance then that of windows version!
Yeah, I turned on a EE cyclerate to 2 after some fidgeting with disgaea 2 and left VU cycle stealing off cause it didn't seem to speed up disgaea 1.

I know the performance is lower; I use linux cause well the alternative is using windows 8.. need I say more?
(02-22-2014, 10:46 AM)uc9 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I turned on a EE cyclerate to 2 after some fidgeting with disgaea 2 and left VU cycle stealing off cause it didn't seem to speed up disgaea 1.

I know the performance is lower; I use linux cause well the alternative is using windows 8.. need I say more?

turn off the speedhacks and try again ! Another thing i want to say you that if you have win 8 then i recommand you to use windows version of pcsx2!
with hardware or software renderer in GSdx?
(02-22-2014, 10:49 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]turn off the speedhacks and try again ! Another thing i want to say you that if you have win 8 then i recommand you to use windows version of pcsx2!

Well crud, you weren't kidding about the linux version having performance problems. I installed it on windows and it's running at a smooth 60 fps, even without speedhacks or frame skipping.
you surely miss configure something, or your gpu driver is bad. The difference can't be tha big.
(02-22-2014, 10:41 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]you surely miss configure something, or your gpu driver is bad. The difference can't be tha big.

It could be the video driver, the last few nvidia updates have been acting kind of wonky and 325 apparently had some big problems with it severely messing up people's computers. Thankfully 331 is performing a lot better.

I might have also misconfigured something. Can you give me a quick rundown of what the different gsdx settings mean so I can fiddle with it a bit and see what might be wrong? I right now just have it set back to the default settings for gsdx and on software.
hardware is faster normally. In software mode, it will only run on the cpu and it often limited to 30fps.
(02-23-2014, 12:05 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]hardware is faster normally. In software mode, it will only run on the cpu and it often limited to 30fps.

Still running at 30fps. If it's running still at 30fps and nothing is working on pcsx2's side then that would mean that it has something to do with my nvidia driver? I would not be surprised, considering how many times they've come out with a new release only to have the linux driver be more buggy than a roach motel.
Pages: 1 2