..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How well will this run pcsx2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am planning on getting a Sager NP2650, and on the website I am buying it from, it says the following...
Sager - 4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4800MQ (2.7GHz - 3.7GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache) (SKU – SPU202)
Intel® HD 4600 Graphics
4GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS) (SKU - S4D222P)

I want to use pcsx2 to revisit my childhood memories playing all the games I have not played for years, but before I decide to purchase the sager np265, I want to know how well will it run the emulator?
(02-26-2014, 02:12 AM)Kenrickson Wrote: [ -> ]I am planning on getting a Sager NP2650, and on the website I am buying it from, it says the following...
Sager - 4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4800MQ (2.7GHz - 3.7GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache) (SKU – SPU202)
Intel® HD 4600 Graphics
4GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS) (SKU - S4D222P)

I want to use pcsx2 to revisit my childhood memories playing all the games I have not played for years, but before I decide to purchase the sager np265, I want to know how well will it run the emulator?
It doesn't have that great of a gpu. I would go for a dedicated one myself. The cpu is great though.
Will the gpu be a big problem, like slow frame rate or something else?
It will prevent you from running most games above native resolution.
GPU will work fine for native resolution, but that's about it. CPU is wonderful, however.
I have that exact CPU on my laptop and it's a sexy thing, on my laptop on high performance mode and plugged in it never goes bellow 3.5GHz on PCSX2 (my laptop is very fat though and has really pimpy cooling), so I can play SotC, Gran Turismo 4 and a few other demanding games upscaled to 3 or 4 times native with no problem (I however have a dedicated GPU).

The CPU is great but you should really try to get a Sager with a dedicated GPU on it.
I also found this one.
Sager NP7330
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 765M (2.0GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11 w/ Optimus™ Technology
8GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS) (SKU - S4S423P)
How will this do?
Much better.