..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 R5919 Crashes When Booting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Honestly, I have no idea what's up. It's been a long time since I've upgraded PCSX2, considering I was using 1.0 until yesterday. I decided to upgrade, but when I did things wouldn't work. Whenever I booted an ISO or no disc, the emulator would open up a black screen for a split second before immediately crashing. I tried for a couple hours, though nothing beyond changing my BIOS or restarting my computer. Needless to say, it didn't work. If someone could tell me where logs save, I could post the log if that helps at all. Thank you!

My hardware specs are:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom X4 9750
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
MSI Aspen (Socket AM2 )
Graphics
HP w2338h (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (PNY)
My first guess would be make sure your dev9 plugin is set to dev9null.

Other than that, could you post your emulog after the crash please? Smile
Actually, setting dev9 to dev9null worked. Thank you so much, it was that easy and I would have never done it.
(03-03-2014, 11:56 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]My first guess would be make sure your dev9 plugin is set to dev9null.

Other than that, could you post your emulog after the crash please? Smile

You guys really need to do something about that dev9 plugin.
not sure why it keeps picking that tbh, probably because it does it alphabetically.
Okay, the idea to combat this was a preference system. We could add code to the plugin picker that gives it a preference for a specific plugin.
We'd want our selection of recommended plugins and then between various versions of those, we'd prefer either "stable's" or "latest's", depending on what would be better Smile