..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help with software mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright so basically I've been wanting to play R&C1 for a while, but my bro stole my PS2 after I finally got the game, so I want to play it on PCSX2. I've tried it out but there's wierd bugs, and after looking around a bit it's an inherent problem in the GSdx plugin that will never be fixed. The only solution is to use software mode. So I'm wondering if anyone could help me find optimal settings.

My specs are:
i5 2300 @ 2.8 GHz
HD 5670
8 gigs ram

After experimenting with some settings I get like 50 fps (that's with frame skipping) but it hangs a fair amount. Can anyone help me?
As lots of things go on screen the frame rate drops to the 40's as well.
And I've noticed that when the game is running EE% is usually in the high 80s all the way up to 100.
That means your cpu is bottlenecking. this is normal in software mode. even the most powerful processors lag in sw mode. ratchet and clank series will give u problems like that
Dang, it will even lag with a bunch of speed hacks on?
Try the speedhacks(specially mtvu) if it increases speed. But as i said software mode is a looottttt slower than hw mode.
Ratchet hates the vu cycle stealing hack, but the loves the ee cyclerate hack.
it does? so i should set ee to max and vu to 0?
And what should I do for mVU and MTVU?
Well, I have it at a playable frame rate but it freezes up a lot. Anything I should disable?
And on a side note, I'm building a PC soon, will an i3 4130 be good enough for emulation or should I pony up the cash and by an i5 4670k?
r u crazy? go for 4670k. a lot better than i3 and u will get extra help from mtvu hack as well. however if u want to save some money instead of going- k model cpu+z77 motherboard+3rd party cooler plan, u can buy i5 4670+h81 or b85 motherboard and use the stock cooler. u would not need to overclock that cpu in most games
are you playiong from an iso or disc
No I'm not crazy lol. I probably will get a 4670k I was just wondering if an i3 4130 could run emulation at least decently. Sort of for myself but mostly for my friend who's on a lower budget than me.

And I'm playing from an iso
if ur friend is on a lower budget then he can get the i3-4130. it is dual core but have very fast which matches the speed of fx 6300. 4130 also has hyper threading so u will get 4 threads. but if he can increase his budget he should go for i3 4340 or 4330 for more clock speed and larger L2 cache.Best thing will be to get a i5. i3 will bottleneck on modern games like bf4, crysis 3. i5 is the best choice for gaming.
Pages: 1 2