..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I open the file with PSX2 and it says:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play a ps2 game on my mac (maverick), so i downloaded all the stuff, including the bios and x11 stuff. installed it all. restarted. and then opened the file (e.g. game.7z) with psx2. it opens x11 and terminal and all that and it says:

The configured GS plugin file was not found
/applications/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/contents/resourcespcsx2/plugins/Please Configure
Press OK to go to the plugin configuration panel.

So i press ok and it takes me to a screen with a bunch of tabs with meaningless writing in them, i click default settings and then click ok.

Then it comes up with a little window that is labelled 'waiting for tasks...' and captioned:applying settings...

What's going on??? and how can i fix it???
Quote:game.7z
don't compress your game with 7z. it won't work.
(03-09-2014, 03:04 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]don't compress your game with 7z. it won't work.

I thought that too. but it wouldn't let me decompress.
says this instead:

Game.7z is not RAR archive
No files to extract
I wonder why you compressed it, actually.
just re-make your iso from your PS2 DVD using disc utility, then.
(03-09-2014, 04:07 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder why you compressed it, actually.
just re-make your iso from your PS2 DVD using disc utility, then.

I didn't compress it. just came like that. should i change the tag or whatever it's called to .iso instead of .7z or something like that first?
came like that ?
er...
I don't think disc utility for mac converts DVD into .7z files until you enabl some weird option.
as I said, redump your disc from your original PS2 DVD
(03-09-2014, 06:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]came like that ?
er...
I don't think disc utility for mac converts DVD into .7z files until you enabl some weird option.
as I said, redump your disc from your original PS2 DVD

and how do you do that?
(03-09-2014, 07:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]http://imacify.com/2013/06/how-to-create...-mac-os-x/

i tried that, it opens the disk utility but then the file doesn't come up. only comes up with my hard drive thats it.
you need to insert your Original PS2 DVD into your DVD drive to use disc utility