..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Post your PCSX2 screenshots/videos here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided to do a little test of how well the anti-aliasing works using GSDX10. Pic uploaded to imageshack because of size. The first pic is what it would look like redered at the native PS2 resolution and then stretched to fit a 1600x900 TV (I guess if you were using a monitor as a TV), and the rest are rendered internally at 1600x900 with varying levels of anti aliasing.

[Image: ffxcomp.th.png]

Framerate: 50FPS (PAL, just went through the intro)

Version: 0.9.7.3113
GPU plugin: GSDX10
Renderer: Direct3D 10/11 (Hardware)
Interlacing: None
Top Left: Native res, no AA (Experimental HW Anti Aliasing)
Top Right: 1600x900 internal res, no AA
Bottom Left: 1600x900 internal res, 4x AA
Bottom Right: 1600x900 internal res, 16x AA
Everything else: Default settings, no speedhacks, no fixes

My System Specs
some new gameplay vids about the r3878

here you can read about the new beta plugin
http://pcsx2.net/

two high quality games enjoy

Best watched in HD

(10-04-2010, 06:22 PM)Necromas Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to do a little test of how well the anti-aliasing works using GSDX10. Pic uploaded to imageshack because of size. The first pic is what it would look like redered at the native PS2 resolution and then stretched to fit a 1600x900 TV (I guess if you were using a monitor as a TV), and the rest are rendered internally at 1600x900 with varying levels of anti aliasing.
What version of GSdx are you using? I don't see that option, maybe it's for DX11 cards only?
I moved hw AA options into the hacks section because they can cause tons of issues.
If you want to try them find your gsdx.ini and add the line "allowHacks=1".
You can access the additional options then.
The blurring in fights gets removed by setting skipdraw to 1, just btw Wink
(10-15-2010, 04:20 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]I moved hw AA options into the hacks section because they can cause tons of issues.
If you want to try them find your gsdx.ini and add the line "allowHacks=1".
You can access the additional options then.
The blurring in fights gets removed by setting skipdraw to 1, just btw Wink

Thanks. I don't really mind about the blurring because it can give a nice DoF effect, and it happens on real hardware anyway.

I was hoping that the Hardware AA might give me a perceived increase in resolution without the minor corruption of the HUD that changing the internal res causes, but no luck - still has the same HUD corruption. Strange that ZeroGS's AA (which I think just increases the internal res) doesn't get this as bad. I would be using that for FF if it weren't for the fact the video recording was broken.
Pcsx2 0.9.7
All Latest plugins

Saint Seiya - Chapter Sanctuary Pal

Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Game: Final Fantasy X PAL - SCES 50490
Compatibility: Playable
CPU: QX6700 - 2667 MHz
RAM: 2 GB - DDR2 800 MHz
GPU: nVIDIA GF 295 GTX
PXSX2: 0.9.7 r3878 - Default core settings
Plugins used - Default except from GSdx (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.7 [GSdx-ssse3]
Specific settings with GPU Plugin: 2560 1600 60, D3D9(Hardware), PS3, None, 4:3, D3D internal res 2560 1600 (and native). NLOOP hack, Texture filtering, Wait vsync, Alpha correction (FBA) are all on. Enable tv-out and Logarithmic Z off. Nothing changed other than that to my recollection.

I am sorry for not using the Alt+Printscreen function, as it simply does not work, and the zeroGS plugin gives me rendering errors. So I have resolved to using Fraps to capture images.

The screenshots are simply a comparison to the graphics, I experienced when I played FFX for the first time, and what I can now experience thanks to the team and support behind PCSX2.

Thank you all!
A cool game for a cool anime serie

Bleach: Blade Battlers 2nd

And an Awesoe wallpaper
http://nazgul1.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d31946s
Respect for the creater...

Not exactly gameplay-related but I used Pcsx2 to capture Tekken 5 endings FMV while preserving the best quality possible, so thank you pcsx2 team for allowing this to happen Smile

Game name:
KESSEN
Fate Unlimited Codes

Compatibility:
Playable

machine specs:
CPU:AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ 2.00 GHz
MEM:4094 MB
GPU:ATI Radeon X300 256 MB

Specific Options
Logarithmic Z needs to be ticked