..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Post your PCSX2 screenshots/videos here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a little video I put together. The following games are in it.

R-Type Final
Maximo Ghosts To Glory
Crash Bandicoot The Wrath Of Cortex
Contra Shattered Soldier

All games are NTSC-U
All are Playable

CPU= Intel Core i7 @ 2.83
GPU= Nvidia GeForce GT 540M
PCSX2 = 4600

intel i3
radeon 5770HD
Cross promotion for those interested in seeing how well Yakuza 1 runs using PCSX2.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Yakuza-1-...g-settings

The first 5 minutes is pretty much dedicated to some little known fixes for that specific game. In a previous thread about memory cards I managed to stop a huge slowdown which causes every cut scene and FMV to stutter and has something to do with the memory card. Changing the settings like in the video will fix them.

If you don't care about that, skip to 4:35 and just watch the game with only a little talking.

Sorry for my dull droning voice, it was 6:00am in the morning and I'd just finished 12 hours of study for a statistics exam (9am tomorrow morning) so my voice pretty much reflects dead brain and lack of enthusiasm. I promise from chapter 2 onwards it will be better and cut less into the story time.

It's also running a FPS counter so you can see exactly how well it's running. Also it has some filter issues but I've found no easy fix for them yet, there are threads about them talking about running some legacy stuff and hacking values and I don't understand. The filter issues do not impede the gameplay but I do mention them in the video.

Part 1 of chapter 1 is

Check the thread to see more parts and more chapters.
(09-02-2011, 10:21 AM)skythra Wrote: [ -> ]Cross promotion for those interested in seeing how well Yakuza 1 runs using PCSX2.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Yakuza-1-...g-settings

The first 5 minutes is pretty much dedicated to some little known fixes for that specific game. In a previous thread about memory cards I managed to stop a huge slowdown which causes every cut scene and FMV to stutter and has something to do with the memory card. Changing the settings like in the video will fix them.

If you don't care about that, skip to 4:35 and just watch the game with only a little talking.

Sorry for my dull droning voice, it was 6:00am in the morning and I'd just finished 12 hours of study for a statistics exam (9am tomorrow morning) so my voice pretty much reflects dead brain and lack of enthusiasm. I promise from chapter 2 onwards it will be better and cut less into the story time.

It's also running a FPS counter so you can see exactly how well it's running. Also it has some filter issues but I've found no easy fix for them yet, there are threads about them talking about running some legacy stuff and hacking values and I don't understand. The filter issues do not impede the gameplay but I do mention them in the video.

Noticed the error for the game DB in your video, you better reinstall PCSX2 in another folder (out of program files, like C:/PCSX2) so the program can use the game database for game fixes and stuff Wink

(09-02-2011, 12:19 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed the error for the game DB in your video, you better reinstall PCSX2 in another folder (out of program files, like C:/PCSX2) so the program can use the game database for game fixes and stuff Wink

I prefer not to, most of those settings are wrong in my experience, and for the games I play I know the right settings Tongue

You know, by editing ini files, and changing rounding/clamping modes. Power users will be power users.
Huh? It has nothing to do about being a power user or not. The db also applies special patches which you can't mimic by enabling/disabling GUI settings...
.hack Fragment...

Long thought to be broken with PCSX2... I've discovered the right settings to make it work... and what shall I say... it works NICE.

This will make debugging of my translation work a lot easier when I get back to it eventually, now all that remains is updating Gigahertz' DEV9 Ethernet plugin to 0.9.8 so that I have a all-pc-based solution for reconstructing the online mode. Smile

Oh btw... the right settings to get this game running properly are posted on the PCSX2 Wiki. Laugh
(09-03-2011, 05:07 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Huh? It has nothing to do about being a power user or not. The db also applies special patches which you can't mimic by enabling/disabling GUI settings...

You obviously haven't been to my thread...
(09-04-2011, 06:04 AM)skythra Wrote: [ -> ]You obviously haven't been to my thread...

Are you referring to the Alpha hack and Skipdraw hacks? Because if youd done "AllowHacks=1" you would be able to get to them from the GUI.
(09-04-2011, 01:20 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Are you referring to the Alpha hack and Skipdraw hacks? Because if youd done "AllowHacks=1" you would be able to get to them from the GUI.
I'm not really sure about your point. Those were the two settings I changed, but how is that relevant to me reinstalling PCSX2 to enable my .db for the game settings?

>.>

Anyway the reason i don't care if it's in the UI or not is because i still need to change it in notepad when I'm doing testing. Here's my process, run game, game starts, leave game running where there's issue, take savestate. Open ini file, edit it press ctrl+s and open new instance while the old instance is running, press f3 to load savestate so both are in the same place and compare. If improvement is made, leave as is. I can't do that propperly in the GUI because it hangs one of the instances of PCSX2 so I don't get to compare.

This was particularly useful when pixel offsetting but that's not so relevant here in yakuza. But i digress.

While we're offtopic I've just mocked up a couple of short youtubes to give the config differences between hardware vs software, and hardware with ini file changes (or ini enabling the gui userhacks options, however you want to say it, ignoring the redundancy of being in the ini file anyway so you might as well enable them while you're there..).

They're not real HD they're just two instances of PCSX2 running side by side during a specific part of the game. The goal is to get Hardware mode of GSDX to run a likeness of the pure PS2 like Software mode. Hardware mode both has great speed benefits as well as fabulous resolution options.

Software mode VS Hardware mode

Hardware mode before and after config changes

The loss of the blur filter and shading/lighting.. which is a shame if anyone knows how to maybe.. you know add another filter to the filter which would reduce the filters effect by like 50% that would be sweet.. the blur is just too heavy..