..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Post your PCSX2 screenshots/videos here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How are you guys achieving full speed on Shadow of the Colossus? I'm on a i7 3930K at 4.6ghz and i only achieve 35-50fps most of the time. It doesn't matter if I set it to hardware mode or software mode with 5 rendering threads, the framerate doesn't change (I guess that's one benefit of having an Intel hexacore, you can use software rendering with no performance hit). I then enabled the MTVU speedhack in hardware mode and then it ran even slower than with software mode and no speedhacks. It is very unfortunate that even one of the fastest Intel cpu's could not get full speed with this game.
Try setting the VU cycle stealing hack to 2, that should do it.
Socom 1 Online Play PCSX2 r4962 (really excited about this, been wanting to play it since my PS2 quit reading the disk)

Decided to give FFXII another spin (love the game!).. Beware, monster images in here!

PCSX2 0.9.9.4980 (SVN)

Graphical Settings:
Resolution: 2560x1600
D3D Internal Resolution: 6144x6144 (slightly higher than 12x)
Framerate: 60+
Plugin: GSdx SSE41
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)

Enabled Speedhacks:
INTC Spin Detection
Wait Loop Detection
mVU Flag Hack
mVU Block Hack
MTVU

Computer Specs:
i7-3930K (6core) overclocked to 4.8ghz
2x nVidia 580GTX in SLi
16GB Ram

Here's a screenshot with the settings I play at:

[Image: PYZdD24G]

And here's a comparison of various internal resolutions:

[Image: A9Lev9ib]

Unfortunately 6144x6144 was as high as I could go while maintaining 60fps+.. Anything higher pretty much choked the machine completely.
(12-17-2011, 11:38 AM)lunchington Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to give FFXII another spin (love the game!).. Beware, monster images in here!

PCSX2 0.9.9.4980 (SVN)

Graphical Settings:
Resolution: 2560x1600
D3D Internal Resolution: 6144x6144 (slightly higher than 12x)
Framerate: 60+
Plugin: GSdx SSE41
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)

Enabled Speedhacks:
INTC Spin Detection
Wait Loop Detection
mVU Flag Hack
mVU Block Hack
MTVU

Computer Specs:
i7-3930K (6core) overclocked to 4.8ghz
2x nVidia 580GTX in SLi
16GB Ram

Unfortunately 6144x6144 was as high as I could go while maintaining 60fps+.. Anything higher pretty much choked the machine completely.

Good to see results from Sandy Bridge-E, can you please test with another game, I would love to see if exist some adventage over the regular Sandy bridge 1155. The next year I change my pc, but firts want to know the diference in therm of emulation between sockets 2011 and 1155. Sorry for my bad english.
You will see improvements to SB-E only if you use software mode because that's the only way pcsx2 can utilize all 6 cores. If you run it hardware mode, there's no point in getting a SB-E.
I was under the impression PCSX2 can't use more than 3 cores effectively, and there's no SLI support either. So you're really just using on 580 in that bench, and raping it for no reason because there's no difference between 6x and 12x at that screen resolution
(12-23-2011, 04:42 AM)synce Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression PCSX2 can't use more than 3 cores effectively, and there's no SLI support either. So you're really just using on 580 in that bench, and raping it for no reason because there's no difference between 6x and 12x at that screen resolution

Take a closer look; especially at the vertical symbol textures on the far back wall, the plant and edges of the chandelier.. There's a difference between 6x and 12x... And if you're going to see it, it's going to be at 2560x1600 resolution. In fact I notice many improvements in stuff further back in the scene.

Kingdom Hearts II final mix (patched to 100 percent english) No speedhacks
(except for the 3 core utilization one forgot what its called) x6 Scaling running full speed Laugh
Dont forget to watch in HD!
I wasn't trying this game for some time,but today i got r5088 and for fun i tried Tales of Legendia in HW dx10 gsdx and look wonders?
Its working fully without any glitches or issues.
Tested from beginning including movies and in-game
[Image: 2s9r2uu.jpg]
[Image: 15rb8ug.jpg]
[Image: 72ax7c.jpg]
[Image: 2e58l1d.jpg]
Sound also works perfect
no hacks enabled,no fixes either.

Thank you for that.it was lovely surprise!
Win7 x64
Phenom x4 965
4gb ram
Ati 4870 ddr5