..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: multi-threaded GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
While I see that there is a field to increase extra rendering threads, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. With DirectX 11, I know, that adding an extra rendering thread gives a substantial FPS boost. Does this not work with OpenGL?

I'm using the latest version by the way (from the SVN)
GSDX uses Direct3D, doesn't it?
GSdx for Linux doesn't seem to work when adding extra rendering threads. Extra rendering threads helps in software mode (not hardware mode) to lessen the maxed out GS load. But again...it doesn't work for Linux. And yes we have GSdx, but the OpenGL version, not Direct3D as that is Windows proprietary garbage. Our version is not as mature as the Windows version, but it seems to work GREAT with a Nvidia card, especially in hardware mode
It really does do a surprisingly good job, and not just in hardware mode (though I am gettign graphical bugs that I didn't get with DX11). I was kind of surprised.

The reason I need multi-threading in the render is that I like the Snowblind Engine games for which hardware rendering is broken. Still, Champions of Norrath is practically playable even with a single rendering thread. Just one additional thread and I'd bet that it would run at 60fps.
Extra rendering is more a matter of windows/linux difference rather than opengl/dx. Opengl is not as mature as Dx but it have quite a potential IMHO.
You make me doubt. Can someone test extra thread on windows/ogl ?
(03-22-2014, 06:26 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]You make me doubt. Can someone test extra thread on windows/ogl ?

I would, however I kind of nuked my hard drive (bad "sudo dd") and haven't gotten around to reinstalling Windows. It isn't exactly a priority of mine.
Here are a few pictures of Biohazard 4 which I have played in OpenGL and it runs great. Cool

In hardware mode we have the known errors but under software mode it runs like on the original hardware. Biggrin

You're doing really great progress.
Extra rendering threads still don't have any effect on fps in sw mode, no decrease in GS% in sw mode.

Otherwise hardware mode + Nvidia proprietary driver working great!
Tested OGL software and D3D11 software on Windows 7 with latest stable PCSX2.

Increasing rendering threads only had an effect in D3D11 mode.
Pages: 1 2 3