..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I have 2 different ps2s, which bios to use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, just found this whole emulator thing today, and wanted to try playing some good ole FFX, my question is, I have 2 ps2s, one bought in the states, and another that I bought off of eBay from Europe. Now I wanted to play my international version of FFX (Since theres about 10x more things to do than the US version), and was wondering if it'd make a difference if I used the 2006 US BIOs, versus using the 2004 Int/PAL Bios that i've got. Sorry if this is a silly question, but im not that computer literate.

Thanks!
That wont change anything
If you need a game that requires full boot (there isn't many) then use the appropriate region, otherwise it really doesn't matter.
Works for me, thanks guys!
so as not to create endless threads on the same subject, i thought i'd ask the devs in this one

so i was curious about this subject as-well, but in a different way, i'e is their any difference in the picture quality, as obviously one system uses ntsc and the other pal

thinking back to the snes i remember their being a difference in framerate, something like 60hz vs 50hz
and needing a ntsc to pal converter which didn't work that well, i'e colours where different and the picture could be a bit blurred

yes i know a pc doesn't have that problem, but still the actual systems are different, is that solved by Pcsx2?

reason i ask is i was thinking of buying some games from the us, and was curious as to whether they would have a grainy/blurred/worse picture and if the framerate would be better seeing as the us version uses 60hz

and yes i would be buying a us ps2 as-well