..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Texture Filtering Slowdown bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1.2.1 r5875
GSDx sse 4 Direct 3D11 hardware (used)

Pc Specs - Intel Core I5 2550K overclocked to 4.8ghz
32GB Ripjaw Memory at a 9-9-9-12 timing
1TB HD at 7200
120GB SSD running windows 8
1Gigawat power supply
Radeon R9 290x in sli
----------------------------------------------------
Game: Xenosaga 1,2, and 3 (as of this test)
----------------------------------------------------
Problem: With Texture filtering on, some attack scenes that usually give no problems cause a 15 fps drop regardless of speed hacks used etc.

Without texture filtering, all games run at full speed.

With texture filtering on GS does not reach above 20% and EE does not go over 40%, problem is directly related to texture filtering.
---------------------------------------------------
only happens on skill / graphic animation scenes, is specific to the attack / animation.

Some heavier animations give no problems while some smaller animated attack scenes drop fps 15 fps.
--------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps with texture filtering for anyone having problems with fps drops when using it.
not even close to a bug report.
moved to general discussion
Xenosaga games are known to be extremely demanding. Part of it is due to the number of draw calls they push to the GS. I doubt there is any bug involved, rather, it's just the nature of a demanding game.
Ok on the moved part, and yes i understand @ Sarania, but if it was pushing my cpu / gpu, it would kill my gs / ee rates, but problem is ONLY when using texture filtering, no slowdowns what so ever without it. So the "bug" would be with the texture filter if its not slowing down without it in any part of the game, including heavy awgs battles. I'm just here trying to help, programming is what i went to school for.

Texture filter even has slowdowns on the FFX/X-2/XII games as well.
First of all, is SLI disabled for PCSX2?
Yes it is disabled, been here a long time just posting this as I seen it hasnt been posted yet Smile and it can be annoying, especially when without it every thing runs beyond fast / perfect.
You realize it's normal for their to be a performance impact when turning on filtering? Different animations interact with the emulator in ways that might surprise you.

Also, since I own the Xenosaga games, tell me a specific thing to test, preferably in the first game since I have saves all through it, and I will try to duplicate what you are experiencing.
Example 1: When kos mos wakes up and saves shion and the captain, going towards the awgs hanger you fight the 2 yellow gnosis with the long arms. They have 1 physical attack that causes a slow down with texturing, but all other moves, even ones more graphical and heavier on cpu, cause no slow down.
I can't help you with that topic, sorry, but I can tell you that SLI is Nvidia only, while Crossfire is for ATI. Tongue2
That is weird, I would've thought texture filtering on HW to be basically free.

@Jwalters0814: Can you give some screenshots of Example1 ? Also, post your plugin settings please.
Pages: 1 2