..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to fix system.cnf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, guys.

I have a problem and can't find a solution. I really need someone's help

I am playing KOF02, of which the bgm sucks hard, and there is not even an option to turn the bgm off.
So basically I hacked ISO file, replaced adx files with blank ones.
But then I realize the system.cnf is no longer correct.

Could anyone tell me how to fix the system.cnf so I can run it with PCSX2?

Thank you very much.
for replace the file exactly like the original (but blank) you need a hex editor to change all data to 00000 with same file size.....The only problem,is the time to make this kind of 'hack' is soooo long if file was bigger.....And no guarantee of success on this kind of action... Smile but you can try...Btw the iso is from your original DVD,right?
(04-12-2014, 03:38 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: [ -> ]for replace the file exactly like the original (but blank) you need a hex editor to change all data to 00000 with same file size.....The only problem,is the time to make this kind of 'hack' is soooo long if file was bigger.....And no guarantee of success on this kind of action... Smile but you can try...Btw the iso is from your original DVD,right?

thank you for reply!

hex editor... god... is there any guideline which I can follow?
yes, it is. because taking ps2 everywhere isn't a nice idea, i dumped it so i can play wherever i am.
I think the best and simple editor are this: HexEdit you open the audio file with the program,in the right column you see the hex code and can replace all value from original to 0 ..... Cool
okay... I'll try that later
thank you for your help!
I like help Smile Bye
(04-12-2014, 04:58 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: [ -> ]I like help Smile Bye

[attachment=50004]

hi, it's me again.

Which column should i change to 0?
The SYSTEM.CNF is simple text file that point to the main executable elf S***_***.** and have some other text)
You can't break it by replacing adx files.

And what do you mean by "replaced adx files with blank ones"
The adx files are audio files which loop points...placing empty file with the same name can make the game to freeze.
Some games require all files to be in correct order(editing the image with program that don't keep the order may make the game to not work)
Other games search for files in certain sector(address)of the image,so if you don't restore the lba order and the new files you added are bigger that the old ones,the game may not work again
(04-12-2014, 02:16 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]The SYSTEM.CNF is simple text file that point to the main executable elf S***_***.** and have some other text)
You can't break it by replacing adx files.

And what do you mean by "replaced adx files with blank ones"
The adx files are audio files which loop points...placing empty file with the same name can make the game to freeze.
Some games require all files to be in correct order(editing the image with program that don't keep the order may make the game to not work)
Other games search for files in certain sector(address)of the image,so if you don't restore the lba order and the new files you added are bigger that the old ones,the game may not work again
so... is there any way to turn off the bgm but still run the game normally?
As pointed by vsub, emulated games are very sensible on DSP issues. Why not just reduce the sound level?
Pages: 1 2