..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: speed issue on dragon quest VIII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everybody,

I play dragon quest and after 15 minutes the game go slower. not always just when i go into one city or there is a lot of stuff on the screen (like mobs or high buildings).

i have notice if I restart pcsx2 everythings run fine, just for a few minutes.

my pc is :

ati raedon hd 5770
AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
Windows 8.1 64bits

i use GS
GSdx 5762 (MSVC 16.00,SSE2) 0.1.16[Gsdx32-SSED])

With Final fantasy X everythings run good, but not with this game.
Of course i have tried with speed hacks and it does not still run.

i really hope anyone could help me. i am hopeless

thanks !!!
FFX is a light game, whereas Dragon Quest 8 is not.
what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?

can you please post your emulog.txt ?
DQ8 is demanding on the gpu, I dont know how demandeing on cpu. as i dont know how your cpu compares to my mine.

I do know my pc with 9800gtx could not run this game at 2x with out slowdown forget it if you used AA. with 450gtx I could use 2x dx11 with fxaa i gona lean toward gpu not good enough,but could be the cpu as it well know fact amd cpu dont work well with pcsx2 unless there oc.
thanks both.

i think in my emulog there is not important information (I upload the .txt here, just in cause you want to read it)

i will try a couple of configurations more and quit, too much efford just for remember old times... Tongue

again, thank for you answer and interest.

maybe I need a new PC too !!! or cooler for make oc.
The video card is ok but the processor is what's getting you. Upgrade it and all your problems will go away.
(04-19-2014, 02:38 PM)saneme89 Wrote: [ -> ]D:\utorrent\DQ.leansps2\Dragon Quest - The Journey of the Cursed King (PS2) (multi5).iso

Pirated games have a chance to cause random slowdowns.
Next time buy the game.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.