..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Does PCSX2 support virtual reality gaming devices (If not already supported)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so this thought is coming to me now since I was watching virtual reality gaming stuff, and the thought came to me.

I Think this would be cool in PS2 games that are in first person or have A first person mode, such as Kingdom Hearts II when you push select.
So it came to me, Oculus Rift + Virtuix Omni + Razer Hydra + PCSX2. That would be awesome in first person PS2 games.
I Will use Kingdom Hearts II's first person mode as an example for this. The Oculus rift would be the main part, giving you the viewpoint of the character and will control the right control stick depending on the direction you look in, the Virtuix Omni would control the left control stick, and the Razer Hydra provides the controls and would push X to attack when you swing it (I'd assume it works somewhat like A Wiimote), but is that gear actually supported by it? And would it feel right in Kingdom Hearts II?
I would imagine it's possible in any game even without native support by simple mapping, at least though intermediary software. But nothing more than that; don't expect support the oculus' avanced head-tracking to be modded into ps2 games somehow.
In other words, even if you were to get the game screen projected into the Oculus Rift and the Virtuix Omni to move the character and get the buttons working on the Razer Hydra, don't expect being able to swing the Razer Hydra to get A button input or get the Oculus Rift to actually control anything in the game, right? If so, that is kinda disappointing. Still having to move the camera with A control stick and not being able to look around with the Oculus Rift would take out the fun for me, but it's nice to see you can at least get it slightly working with PCSX2.
You can do anything you like, if you can map it. if it uses some method PCSX2 can refer to then PCSX2 can do it. Just like using a Wii mote for input (including motion controls)
Wait, so shaking the razer hydra for A button input to get pseudo-motion control is possible? Well, that got my hopes back up.
But PCSX2 will not be able to track the head movement of the oculus rift, would it?
(04-21-2014, 02:26 PM)Zack-silvia Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, so shaking the razer hydra for A button input to get pseudo-motion control is possible? Well, that got my hopes back up.
But PCSX2 will not be able to track the head movement of the oculus rift, would it?
Not natively , but "opentrack" has the ability to map almost everything so id say yes its possible, just don't expect help from the dev`s Happy