..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS and optimisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
Firstly, I've read all the rules and guides avalaible on this website. I've tried to look for a solution on the Internet since few hours, but I'm kinda lost and, before doing anything, I want to have pieces of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.

I would like to play FFXII Internation ZJS, so I've taken the version of PCSX2 of this website. The installation with the standalone installer was well, I've selected for configuration the preset lvl1 as my PC is not very good.
Without surprises, the ingame-framerate is really slow, I'm around 20-30, it's impossible to play. I think my processor is bad.

But, after few searches, it seems that my hardware could run this game with very low graphic quality... In fact, I want to play the game with correct framerate, I don't care if it's in a superior graphic quality than on the PS2. Even if the graphic is worse than on the PS2, it's fine for me. I just want to have something between 50 and 60 FPS.

Then, here is my hardware :
Windows 7 32 bits
AMD Processor LE-1200
ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 2450 graphic card
1.0 or 2.0 GB RAM (not really sure, but I think it's 1.0)

For the software, DirectX 11 is installed and all the plugins of my computer are correct.

Moreover, if I post this thread, it's because I have another problem I can't solve. As my processor is not a great beast, I've chosen the GSdx 5875 0.1.16 SSE2 video plugin (for SSE3 and other, PCSX2 tells me that my hardware can't support this, which is true, actually). But, when I take SSE2, I have some errors on the program log like : "Failed to load shared libraby gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d" or "Some kinda plugin failure gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll".
It seems there is something with the library, but I don't really understand how to fix that. The plugin is the one installed by the luncher, in the "plugins" files of PCSX2 file which is on "program files".

Then, what could I do ? There is something I can fix to play the game with nice framerate ? Did I miss a thing ? Or do I have to buy some new stuff for my computer ?

I would appreciate your answers, and hope I'm not disturbing the forum with my troubles.

Have a nice evening!
you won't reach 50-60fps with this.
best bet is to set internal res to native, set all recommended speedhacks + ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing to 2, and set clamping mode to none.

Maybe you 'll be able to reach around 30-35 fps with this in not too crowded places... Better keep playing it on your PS2 if you want to enjoy the game, really.
I see, it's not a surprise Wink
I thought that it was not possible to have very poor graphic in order to keep a great framerate, not a problem if I can't run at 50-60 FPS with my PC. I will invest for better hardware, one day or an other.

Thanks!

PS : "best bet is to set internal res to native, set all recommended speedhacks + ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing to 2, and set clamping mode to none" > I've tried this kind of configurations.