..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Question about weird controller activity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been using an xbox 360 controller to play ps2 games. This is fine, but my controller wire is a little worse for wear and it disconnects and reconnects really fast sometimes. This causes a problem because it switches to player 2 or player 3, and when I can get it back to player 1 the PCSX still doesn't recognize it anymore. Can anyone help me with settings here or is it just better to get a new one?
No doubt you should have gotten a new one long ago Smile

Unless it is a high quality, high price controller, of course. Then you should take it to a maintenance shop and try and get the cable replaced.
Old habits die hard man, this thing has been with me since about 2007. It took a beating from UFC 09
Is it not possible to repair the wire?
If you can invision a wired, it's loose and not functioning properly at the base of the controller where it connects into it.
So either the wires inside the main wire are frayed and thus they could be spliced and repaired; or the solder joints are breaking inside the controller and could be resoldered. If you have the skill anyway. I can't solder well myself.
I had to fix mine in that same spot... wasn't easy. It ended up neat though, and I added the spring of a old guitar cable to make it less bendy.

Pokopom has hot plug/unplug but it's still mapped to the same pad number. Though there's a toggle to switch pads which might help for when it reconnects as pad2.