..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Question about converting codes for pnach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am trying to figure out how-to properly convert codes so that they may work for the various PS2 Armored core (USA/NTSC) games. There is local forum user named 'Angelant99' that has supplied a list of basic codes and a simple definition of how-to convert codes so that they may work. I have (several times) followed the same steps outlined by the poster without any success. This is thread that contains his post:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...e?page=218

Quote: In the meantime, if there are any additional codes you want like "All Parts" or you want certain mail or to start at certain missions, grab the codes from http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/ and run them through CB2Crypt (i think i only saw a windows .exe, so act accordingly.) - these decrypted codes have worked a dream so far! If you want to make absolutely sure you're using the same isos as me, i used the USA versions from *snip*

During his post he mentioned using CB2crypt to decrypt codes from this website: http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/view/431

I have checked the box for 'Use common v7 decryption' and then placed the output in pcsx2ce to then by converted for use in a cheat file. However, my final output never matches the authors WORKING cheat file. He references that website, which codes to use, how-to convert them, etc.. , but when I perform the same operation I am getting different results. And they do not work. I have played with this in so many different ways and never get a single code to work.

Example:

CB2crypt Input (From website)
>>Use CB2crypt

This is his the author's working result using what he described as the same method:

// Infinite Energy
patch=1,EE,103402C8,extended,00009C3C

I have tried several different permutations of his steps as well as attempting to use a different program called "Omniconvert", but success always alludes me. Can anyone figure out what I am doing wrong?

I can beat these games without the codes, but I want to replay them in a godly and more relaxed way to squeeze out some more fun from playing them. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
First make sure to be working with the original code, knowing the encrypting was used is most important (is meant the device and model used).

Never try converting a previous failed conversion result. So if you tried Codebreaker v7+ and it failed, take the original code and try it for Codebreaker v1-6 and so on.

Although there are exceptions, most raw codes begin with 0, 1 or 2 as first address digits and followed by a 0. There are other initial digits, those are conditional codes and not all are supported although the most common are.

For now Master codes aren't supported and should be commented if present. The same for codes relying on controller's buttons press to activate.

Now, specifically, the first code in the OP is almost certainly Codebreaker v1, not version 7+. You'll know it when you see it for the first time, it is a mess of digits, many hex alphabetic ones. I'd say your result looks more an ARMax code or a codebreaker 7 code than raw at first glance, if didn't know it is only a messed decrypting attempt. The working result do it for a reason, it really looks like a raw code with decent address range and reasonable value operand (remember, the first address digit is a code descriptor and not part of the actual address offset that is always internally made 2 for PS2 memory space).

Finally, make sure the code is not already raw (decrypted), trying to decrypt an already raw code is a no no, of course Smile
I use codetwinks codes, they are almost always codebreaker V1+(all v7 keys). I would recommend Omniconvert. set your input to codebreaker v1 and your output to raw. copy and paste the codetwink codes to the input and hit convert. that should make a raw code ready for pcsx2ce (copy and paste raw output to pcsx2ce and hit convert.) codejunkies is a great site for action replay max (input to Action Replay MAX) which also convert rather excellently to raw. I have not used cb2crypt so I couldn't tell you how to set it up.
Just for the (my) curiosity sake, that's the raw code obtained decrypting the original code for codebreaker V1+ (omniconvert used)

1A0122D2 00009C3C --> 103402C8 00009C3C

now compare it with the working code in there.
(05-05-2014, 03:09 PM)Dargon Wrote: [ -> ]I use codetwinks codes, they are almost always codebreaker V1+(all v7 keys). I would recommend Omniconvert. set your input to codebreaker v1 and your output to raw. copy and paste the codetwink codes to the input and hit convert. that should make a raw code ready for pcsx2ce (copy and paste raw output to pcsx2ce and hit convert.) codejunkies is a great site for action replay max (input to Action Replay MAX) which also convert rather excellently to raw. I have not used cb2crypt so I couldn't tell you how to set it up.

WOW!! Thank you so much for your help! That was exactly what I wasn't doing right. Now it works great!

To all other replies, also thank you so much!! Cheers! Laugh
/edit skillfully repeated and shortened @nosisab Ken Keleh 's post. sorry... i didn't read it. Closedeyes

yep. forget the crypt sh*t. almost every code on the net is some - format that's a given or found out by selecting - that you can throw in omniconvert and decode directly. the raw format is always some memory offset like x0xxxxxxx and a value. that's a glimpse of proof it might work.

the most relevant information about creating cheats is: that original cheat codes that read from controller input or from memory don't work, since the pcsx2 cheat system only writes values to memory.