..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GT4.... help a NOOB!! please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
hi!
i have gt4 ntsc with the pscx2 v9.4 and i cant get trough the initial screen.. it says sony entretaiment bla..bla..bla.. but nothing else.. its also say patches not found, i cant find nothing about it either

i have vista 64 bit
9600gt 512 gb
2.0GB C2D
4GB RAM

HP DV7
Get the new pscx2 0.9.6
Don't use speedhacks
keep the advanced options at their defaults.
In cpu config. use limit frames if too fast option.
As nokiaman said disable the speed hacks and enable them one by one starting from x1 till x3
try from the original game disc also to see whether there is a problem with ISO itself.
i thought the ntsc version of GT4 didn't work. is it playable now in 9.6?
Garbage+hang/crash/return to menu when starting a race.
Okay.. I see that what people put above is not fully correct..

Anyway, of course use PCSX2 0.9.6, then :

- Use latest version 0.1.14 of GSdx, native res because your CPU is very slow. The game is very demanding, even with a 3.7Ghz proc I don't have a constant 60FPS so don't expect any miracle.. All options ticked apart from Nloop hack and TV out.
- Use 60 FPS in CPU limit (50 if you play on the PAL version),
- Use default values in advanced options BUT change VU clamp mode to Extra. It should pass the intro, then go to options and activate the option to skip the intro.
- Use EE/IOP X2 speedhacks. X3 will make the game flickers.

Then, to get rid of the SPS ingame, go to options ingame and put brightness to 0. If you have the NTSC version, then in the options activate 480p mode. It will get rid of the crashes ingame versus other cars. For PAL that's possible there will still be crashes.

And for borthe yes it is now "playable" but not perfect, some tracks in licences crash with GSdx, just switch to ZeroGS and that's good. That's being a lot of hours that I'm playing this game, it's working fine, but there are those annoying slowdowns when there are a lot of light sources on screen but I dunno how to fix it. But it's not far from fully playable Tongue
(03-03-2009, 09:57 PM)redlof Wrote: [ -> ]keep the advanced options at their defaults.
In cpu config. use limit frames if too fast option.
As nokiaman said disable the speed hacks and enable them one by one starting from x1 till x3
try from the original game disc also to see whether there is a problem with ISO itself.

Hi... i try to use "limit frames" like u said but still nothing and where exactly can i find the speed hacks?..

other thing i try was use the original dvd but still nothing

Do i have to use only a PAL version if i want to play? Sad, meeen...
Dude,you're STILL using an old PCSX2 version. Get 0.9.6 you've been told 3 times already. After you get it,speedhacks are in configure->speed hacks
(03-05-2009, 06:26 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote: [ -> ]Okay.. I see that what people put above is not fully correct..

Anyway, of course use PCSX2 0.9.6, then :

- Use latest version 0.1.14 of GSdx, native res because your CPU is very slow. The game is very demanding, even with a 3.7Ghz proc I don't have a constant 60FPS so don't expect any miracle.. All options ticked apart from Nloop hack and TV out.
- Use 60 FPS in CPU limit (50 if you play on the PAL version),
- Use default values in advanced options BUT change VU clamp mode to Extra. It should pass the intro, then go to options and activate the option to skip the intro.
- Use EE/IOP X2 speedhacks. X3 will make the game flickers.

Then, to get rid of the SPS ingame, go to options ingame and put brightness to 0. If you have the NTSC version, then in the options activate 480p mode. It will get rid of the crashes ingame versus other cars. For PAL that's possible there will still be crashes.

And for borthe yes it is now "playable" but not perfect, some tracks in licences crash with GSdx, just switch to ZeroGS and that's good. That's being a lot of hours that I'm playing this game, it's working fine, but there are those annoying slowdowns when there are a lot of light sources on screen but I dunno how to fix it. But it's not far from fully playable Tongue

ok.... i will take ur post like a bible... Tongue i want to play so badly..Tongue i tell you how it end.. thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5