..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Emulator is laggy when it shouldn't be.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: i4g85w.png]

[Image: 30mvfax.png]

So yeah, there's my PC info, I've tried setting this thing up multiple times, no matter what I try it just always seems to lag. I am pretty sure my PC can handle these games, the games i've tried were;
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final fantasy Dirge of Cerberus

Normally, I don't go to forums, but i'm at the end of my wits, and would love for any help given.

Thank you in advance, Jay.
Playing from disc or iso?
Post your configuration settings.
I'm playing from an ISO. I don't have it mounted, I run the ISO right on the emulator. The settings need to be adjusted, I know that. Could you tell me which settings I need to configure?

I'll reset everything to default, and go from there.
And do you see the same problems with default settings?

Have you changed gs-plugin settings? There is no default button for that window.

Just a guess: What is written in the adapter selection in gsdx-plugin configuration?
high VU cycle stealing speedhack is known for letting the game feeling laggy, I bet all willkuer's money that's it Smile (just kidding, you happened to be just above in the replies).
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Here's my configuration....
[Image: 2dje0zk.png]
[Image: o557c4.png]
[Image: v3imf7.png]
[Image: fp5guu.png]
[Image: dpg36r.png]
[Image: 142ee4n.png]

Thanks, again for the help guys.

For the reference, Here is my Spec information again.

[Image: i4g85w.jpg]
[Image: 30mvfax.jpg]

All games are run via ISO.
Games tested;
Kingdom Hearts 2
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
1 - please post your gsdx settings.
2 - disable ee cycle rate speedhack & vu cycle stealing. setting one or the other to maximum isn't egenrally a good idea
3 - KHII should be playable.
Dirge of cerberus has a big gfx glitch that will require software mode. And you won't be able to get past the 1st ladder if round mode isn't set to nearest.
I'm sorry, I feel dumb. What is Gsdx, and where do I find it?
In plugins settings.
Pages: 1 2