..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: little annoying problem :/
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all and thx for this great emulator Laugh

i have a little annoying problem i ve installed PCSX2 0.9.6 and launch to try a game (Initial D : Special Stage [J] Tongue2) the game starts perfectly no glitches or artefacts but as soon as i start a race the fps dont really follow making the music bug too the fps are between 35 - 45 as the game hasnt got beautiful graphics i dont quite understand why Oo i tried on DBZ budokai 3 and it does the same thing and maybe worse sometimes :/

i think its just a option to change cause it jumps up to 60 fps sometimes for 2 - 3 seconds then falls back down

here is my config :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.00Mhz
Geforce 8800 GT 512Mo
3Go DDR2 800Mhz Corsair

any help will be appreciated Laugh
have you tried using speedhacks or frame skipping? (sometimes these can cause problems for certain games)

Just wondering but are you using the original disc or did you create an iso?
try VU Skip
Try with various gsdx what it give you more fps. Gsdx.0.1.7 is perfect to start.
Quote:have you tried using speedhacks or frame skipping? (sometimes these can cause problems for certain games)

Just wondering but are you using the original disc or did you create an iso?

i tried frame skipping and all kinds of combination of speed hacks but didnt change a lot sometimes gains 1 or 2 fps and i use a ISO :/

Quote:try VU Skip

i tried that and its funny cause it seems to be better but the screen flickers between black screen and the game a good way to become epileptic Tongue2

Quote:Try with various gsdx what it give you more fps. Gsdx.0.1.7 is perfect to start.

with both the original one from PCSX2 0.9.6 and the Gsdx.0.1.7 the game reacts the same way no changes at all :/

just thinking could it be just an option on my nvidia 3d settings panel for my graphic card ?
I dont think the settings from the nvidia control panel take effect in pcsx2 unless you install a certain program (cant remember the name).

You may get better results from the original disc (usually not the case but worth a try)