..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: posting to old threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
playing FF XII and got stuck in the Archades section where it required " 9 chops" to be able to ride the cab to the next area. Apparently there is a glitch (if cheats are being used) that causes the cab driver to not allow you to ride the cab even after collecting the 9 "chops".
I found a patch that fixes this in these forums...is it ok to reply to this thread, even if it is over a year old?
If you are sure it works, go ahead. The reason I am saying this is in case of other users who will look at that thread in the future. I appreciate you asking before doing so.
(05-18-2014, 08:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]If you are sure it works, go ahead. The reason I am saying this is in case of other users who will look at that thread in the future. I appreciate you asking before doing so.

It worked for me, so I will go ahead and add a comment to the thread. Thanks for your quick reply!!!Biggrin
guess I cannot reply cause the thread is marked "closed".
I see that, since it was already necroed it got closed. Just then make a fresh thread about it, and hopefully anyone with the issue will see your thread. Put it in general discussion and support, and just explain the issue and attach the patch.
Thank you and I will do what you suggested asap! what does "necroed" mean?
posting in a really old thread.
(05-18-2014, 09:14 AM)Chum Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you and I will do what you suggested asap! what does "necroed" mean?

Lol necroed means necroposted. Necroposted means brought an old thread back from the dead. Like necromancy e.g. bringing people back from the dead.
I see, NECRO = DEAD!
About the problem of necromancing threads. Some threads are naturally atemporal, meaning they don't touch subjects which may have been obsoleted or deprecated over time.

But that's is not the case of most threads on the specific PCSX2 development forums. The reason to disallow it is the original thread might refer to old versions and most replies in there would be outdated or plainly invalid by now. That's aggravated due to the reader is supposed to read at least the first page of each thread he looks upon.

So, to prevent the need of judging each case, better is creating new threads to actual problems, use this as rule of thumb.
Pages: 1 2