..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Wireless Xbox controller minor issue with cool fix!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've been using PCSX2 for a while now and it has been working great. One minor issue that I noticed was that if I did not have my wireless controller turned on when I started the program, PCSX2 would not recognize the controller. I would have to restart PCSX2 with the controller powered on in order for it to work.

I'm pretty forgetful when it comes to these things so I decided to make a vbscript that sends a reminder to power on the controller when I start PCSX2. The vbs runs the simple reminder with a "press ok" message box, then runs the PCSX2.exe.

Simply create a new .txt file and copy/paste the text at the bottom of this message. Change the path of your PCSX2.exe if needed. Then just save as: I chose PCSX2.vbs

You can then right click on your desktop and create new shortcut. Select the PCSX2.vbs file. Change the icon to the PCSX2 icon by browsing in the PCSX2 directory and picking the PCSX2.exe file.

I just wanted to share this with the community. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

Script:
msgbox"Please power on your controller.",0,"Controller power"
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run """F:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\pcsx2-r5875.exe"""
Quote:One minor issue that I noticed was that if I did not have my wireless controller turned on when I started the program, PCSX2 would not recognize the controller. I would have to restart PCSX2 with the controller powered on in order for it to work.

Hit Refresh when this happens.

[attachment=50660]
(05-19-2014, 04:23 AM)Dark Infernape Wrote: [ -> ]Hit Refresh when this happens.

Lol! That works. Thanks.

I'm still a fan of the reminder though. Refresh requires 3 clicks and my script only requires one. Smile
(05-19-2014, 04:28 AM)Tequiza Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still a fan of the reminder though. Refresh requires 3 clicks and my script only requires one. Smile

Biggrin [Image: thumbsup.gif] Nice work
Yet you (OP) are sitting near a live nuclear bomb called C:\Program Files (x86).
Many games need to have the controller turned on already, I had this aswell with some games, since I own a Wireless receiver of a chinese company, which sent it by airmail for free to The Netherlands from Hong Kong and it costed me only 10 euro's this clone works with the original drivers from Microsoft luckily. If you guys ever want to look for some periphals take a peak at www.dx.com Smile It's a good company with a huge warehouse of stuff which might be come in handy for some.