..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Horrible stuttering problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
so your GS% stays low but the framerate drops using ogl?
GS% stays at 1% even in s/w renderer?
I haven't seen any framerate drops. I can see spikes in the frametimes but it hasn't dropped below 60 fps yet. in software mode i saw it as high as 7% but it never stays there
it is almost constantly 60 all the time and sometimes the fps increase?
that is what afterburner(constant 60fps) and the built in fps reader(59-61) say
So you only hear the see stuttering? What happens if you use the async mode in the spu?

I would now say that tsunami was right. It sounds like unstable clock speeds. Have you tried disabling the framelimiter? Just to make your cpu struggle a bit.
The stutter is just in the backgrounds of the world(basically everything but the sprites). disabling the frame limiter actually stops the stuttering and the Frametime graph is a lot less erratic. I have speed step disabled so it running 4.3 constantly.
Just to clarify: Disabling speedstep didn't help but disabling framelimiter does?

Then I would check power saving features of the gpu.. Probably this is downclocking as well maybe you can also check the gpu status using gpu-z during normal scenes and lags.
You would be correct.
The gpu clock is at 901 with a 2 percent load. power management is at prefer maximum performance.
Then just set internal resolution to 4x or 6x until your gpu is busy enough or try to solve the problem in the gpu settings/driver/utility.

Edit:
Not to forget: use the h/w renderer

Edit2:
Assuming you have solved the problem and are having fun now playing the game - I go to bed. Good luck if there are still problems.
well i set the resolution to 8000x6000 core clock still 901 at 50% load. starting to think a windows reinstall might solve the problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6