..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Solved] Another annoying consult
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello~ after reading the config guides and triying to do it by myself i'm completely done :c i have no idea what to do next

The emulation starts perfectly but when it reachs the playable phase it gets so laggy that I cannot even select anything, it's so frustrating :c

I've:

Amd Phenom II x4 3Ghz
Radeon 5750 1Gb
8Gb Ram
Windows 8.1

It happens with
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Shadow of the colossus

Sorry and thanks for reading~
You can forget about playing Shadow of the Colossus. You can try some speedhacks for Silent Hill, but I doubt they will do too much good.
if you disable mtvu speedhack & set vu cycle stealing to 2, SotC should be playable.
IIRC, Silent hill has to be played in software mode.
set extra rendering threads to 3 to help a bit.
max out the VU stealing hack for SoTC. It is the ONLY game I know that benefits properly from that hack
(05-31-2014, 06:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]if you disable mtvu speedhack & set vu cycle stealing to 2, SotC should be playable.

At only 3ghz?
(05-31-2014, 06:48 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]At only 3ghz?

He didn't say it would be full speed, he just said playable Tongue
Shadow of the Colossus tends to be laggy due to the nature of how huge the game world is.
Ico runs perfectly fine.

Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are not fully compatible with PCSX2 yet. They suffer from shadow glitches. SH2-SH4 are better.
omg so many replies; Thanks c:

(05-31-2014, 06:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]if you disable mtvu speedhack & set vu cycle stealing to 2, SotC should be playable.

I've tried this and both games actually work yay! Thank you so much <3