..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 help with FFX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, new here and love the site so far. Sorry to post on this subject again as i have seen a couple of threads with similar issues as to mine but there doesn't seem to be any answers or not clear ones.

Im running FFX on pcsx2 and it is running quite well, considering i tried FFXII and it was dropping to 10 FPS and so slow, But FFX seems to be pretty decent for me. So starting the Game i got to the end of the cutscene after sin attacks at the bliztball game right at the start and the screen goes white and it doesn't goto the next screen. I have been looking for hours on this in hope to find an answer and i know most people are saying just get a save thats right after it and load it up and it all works. now i have downloaded about 5 different ones and every time i try load the game it says "no data found" every one is saying just copy the download to the mem card folder and it works, i've done this and it never works. I'm using the NTSC version and downloaded both PAL and NTSC and none work. What am i doing wrong? if there is more to just copying the download to the folder?

Also one more thing is there anyway to get a DS4 to work on pcsx2? it works fine on Pcsx but Pcsx2 i can't seem to get it to work at all, when i goto the options and configure it, it works when i enter the buttons to bind but in the game it doesn't work at all. i don't have a DS3 or anything else, just a DS4.

Thanks for all your help in advanced ppl
Which pcsx2 version and which os are you using ?
(05-31-2014, 04:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Which pcsx2 version and which os are you using ?

O sorry i forgot to add that.
It doesn't say anywhere which version except the Beta for lion. not the 0.9.7 alpha
Im on a MB pro 2.3GHz i5 4GB
and the CD number for it is SLUS 20312.
Hope i answered what you asked
Can you maybe link from where you got that version? By that we could probably find out which version you use.

If I remember correctly I had on my windows pc the same problem which could be solved either by changing the graphics plugin or by redoing the disk-image. It was long ago and I can't really remember. I think the first option is not usable for you since there is only one plugin but maybe you can try to redo your img.

DS4 for MacOS can be complicated. I think there are only active windows/linux developer in this forum. And even for linux we don't have our 'own' wrapper. Somebody reported this as working under linux. If you can use it for your OS you have to find out by yourself. Or just google 'DS4 to Xinput wrapper' for your OS.
(05-31-2014, 11:13 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you maybe link from where you got that version? By that we could probably find out which version you use.

If I remember correctly I had on my windows pc the same problem which could be solved either by changing the graphics plugin or by redoing the disk-image. It was long ago and I can't really remember. I think the first option is not usable for you since there is only one plugin but maybe you can try to redo your img.

DS4 for MacOS can be complicated. I think there are only active windows/linux developer in this forum. And even for linux we don't have our 'own' wrapper. Somebody reported this as working under linux. If you can use it for your OS you have to find out by yourself. Or just google 'DS4 to Xinput wrapper' for your OS.

Yea sorry my bad its version, 0.9.6. Oh well i don't have to use the DS4 i'll have a look around for it though. if i could use a save just after that bit it would be fine but it never works when i copy the memcard over to the memcard folder. thanks for the help
The problem is that most of the software that you need to analyze your data is not available for your system.

Would it be possible for you to test pcsx2-ce?
(06-01-2014, 10:58 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that most of the software that you need to analyze your data is not available for your system.

Would it be possible for you to test pcsx2-ce?

yea i will try it out and see how it goes Smile although i don't understand step 4: Code:
winetricks msxml3 d3dx9_36 vcrun2010

i have CG toolkit i think and Xquartz already
ok so i've tried out Pcsx2-ce and it opens up to the menu and all that but i tried to load FFX and it opens it up like its loading and then Pcsx2-ce closes down on me. do i need to change any settings to stop this?
Ok well i got it all working Laugh thanks very much man i couldn't have got it going without you helping me willkuer. I got the Pcsx2-Ce going and its great, i have some choppy sounds and voices every now and then and the frame rate drops to about 40ish when battles start or big things are happening on screen is there anyway to fix that? if not thats fine i can definitely mange and I'm just super glad i get to play it now. Again thanks heaps for helping me.