..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Good Gaming PC bad PCSX2 quality.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Before I get the sh*t flamed out of me, I would just like to say I have read A LOT of threads concerning my issue as many other people have the same related issue.
Inclduing:
Compatibility thread
FAQs
Config Guide
and many more

My issue is that I have a good PC and most of the games I try are slow. When I change configuration to make them faster, then I get 200-800 fps in the menus and random 20-100 fps in-game which is SOO ANNOYING. I can run watch dogs on ultra pretty smoothly if not amazingly on high. Battlefield 3 on ultra beautifully and super smooth, and I'm guessing BF4 on high at least.

I also know my CPU can handle a decent amount concidering it can handle Skyrim with 40+ mods which are mainly graphics junkies. I have equal graphics to those seen in videos where you're like OMFG that's more pretty then the sceneries you see in the LOTR!!!!

Anyway, I would like to know what settings I need to set my PCSX2 to run games just as fast as PS2, no slower no faster. I do understand I will have to adjust settings when I switch games which although is annoying since I would figure I wouldn't need to with my current setup, but I don't mind adjusting settings here and there. What I don't want to do is change every single f***ing setting every time I want to swap a game. And if that is going to be the case please tell me now because I won't be emulating PS2 anymore.

CPU: Quad-Core A10-5800K FM2
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950
Memory: 8gb

1.0.0 version of PCSX2

I keep playing around with my setting but I'm not sure which ones aren't on default atm. Here are some pics though
[Image: 0f30454644.png]

[Image: 25b37b17e7.png]

[Image: 9fcb95a285.png]

[Image: 031a7079c7.png]

[Image: cd49f9ed4d.png]

[Image: 82339c7178.png]

[Image: d7e81a5afe.png]

Playing:
LOTR Fellowshipo of the ring, works fine on default settings (was mt first game I tried)

NBA Street Vol 2, I get 80 fps in the menus and 30-40 fps ingame. When I changed some settings around I got 200+ fps in the menus, and random changes of 40-80fps in-game.

Sly cooper with the same changes as NBA Street Vol 2 I get around 45-60 fps.

Ratchet and Clank UYA with 25 fps and terrible graphics + audio.

I have more games but I'm too irritated to try.

Please help, I am not experienced with this emulator as I am new to it. I just started emulating PS2 recently and I would like to learn whatever I can. Flame all you like but please help me get the issue solved.
Update your pcsx2.
1.0.0 is old and unsupported
First of all, don't compare emulation to pc gaming, as it's completely rediculous. Second I recommend actually enabling speed hacks.
(06-01-2014, 08:38 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: [ -> ]Update your pcsx2.
1.0.0 is old and unsupported

Updated.

(06-01-2014, 08:39 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, don't compare emulation to pc gaming, as it's completely rediculous. Second I recommend actually enabling speed hacks.

I have recently read that your pc must be able to handle it by 10x as muc has PS2 normally would.
ANy other setting changes besides speedhacks??

*********ALSO********* Keep in mind people, please tell me if I'm going to have to change all my settings for every time I change games. If that is the case I do not have the patience for it and I would rather go play on my PS2.
(06-01-2014, 08:50 PM)Baggbo Bilbins Wrote: [ -> ]I have recently read that your pc must be able to handle it by 10x as muc has PS2 normally would.
ANy other setting changes besides speedhacks??

That's your best bet.

Quote:*********ALSO********* Keep in mind people, please tell me if I'm going to have to change all my settings for every time I change games. If that is the case I do not have the patience for it and I would rather go play on my PS2.

Experimenting would be useful.
It depends on games.
enable mtvu speedhack, also use GSdx software mode with 3 (maybe 4) threads
Thanks for the quick responses everyone.

(06-01-2014, 09:11 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]enable mtvu speedhack, also use GSdx software mode with 3 (maybe 4) threads

I have enabled mtvu speedhack and I believe I put that software mode. Is it the setting in the GS plugin that says
"Gsdx 5875 (MSVC 18.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16 [gsdx32-ssse3-r5875]" ?
Eh, no.
It is inside SSSE3 when you configure it.

OR, you can switch it to software mode by pressing F9 ingame.
Updated pics after recommended settings changes and PCSX2 update:

[Image: f95c6ac47a.png]

[Image: bcea304c0c.png]

Tried Sly Cooper and it works beautifully so far at a stable avg 60fps.

NBA street vol 2 froze upon entering gameplay. I tried rebooting the emulator and it still froze. That's never happened

Ratchet and Clank UYA says its 60 fps but the gameplay is slow prob around 50 fps and the graphics are terrible.

Wipeout Fusion jumps around 40-60 fps.
use the settings in my sig, if THAT doesn't do it, NOTHING will

edit: keep GSdx at sw with 3 threads. JUST use my pcsx2_vm settings
Pages: 1 2 3