..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GiGaHeRz's Dev9 Crash report (and workaround)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've been trying to get GiGaHeRz's Dev9 plugin to work of the last couple of hours.

Despite me having WinPcap installed, PCSX2 would always crash selecting and applying plugin selection settings, except when I used somebody else (portable) config files.

As it turns out, GiGaHeRz's Dev9 plugin looks for a folder called "Logs" in PCSX2's install directory, if this isn't present it will crash PCSX2, no warning, no hints as to what's happening (this folder is automatically created in portable mode).

If you have this issue, try creating a folder called "Logs" in PCSX2's install directory and you should be able use the plugin.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, fixing everthing aren't you?
Didn't work out for me, I created an empty folder "Logs" still crashes
(11-22-2014, 06:17 PM)danielocean Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't work out for me, I created an empty folder "Logs" still crashes

Try running PCSX2 as an administrator.

I've also heard that the plug-in needs compatibility mode if you're on win8.
(11-22-2014, 08:03 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: [ -> ]Try running PCSX2 as an administrator.

I've also heard that the plug-in needs compatibility mode if you're on win8.

My system works on windows7
Thanks your advice worked
Plugin loaded successfully without crashing but to get that plugin working I have to run pcsx2 as administrator everytime I run the application and I have discovered that I cant run a game with the dev9 plugin all that is seen is a black screen but the games working fine on null driver plus I cant get the ids using swap disc method and discidutil
Plus I need some help in configuring pcsx2 to play online games( hoping that the servers are still running) I read a thread about that but unfortunately its closed so I can't leave any messages over but I have a lot of doubts in my head and still a lot of problems I am facing in this configuration process
Post your doubts here, then.
Which games ?
(11-23-2014, 06:02 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Post your doubts here, then.
Which games ?

I can't get the diwc ids using swap disc method and discidutil and the game is splinter cell Pandora tomorrow
(06-03-2014, 04:24 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: [ -> ]So I've been trying to get GiGaHeRz's Dev9 plugin to work of the last couple of hours.

Despite me having WinPcap installed, PCSX2 would always crash selecting and applying plugin selection settings, except when I used somebody else (portable) config files.

As it turns out, GiGaHeRz's Dev9 plugin looks for a folder called "Logs" in PCSX2's install directory, if this isn't present it will crash PCSX2, no warning, no hints as to what's happening (this folder is automatically created in portable mode).

If you have this issue, try creating a folder called "Logs" in PCSX2's install directory and you should be able use the plugin.

IM SO ANGRY AND HAPPY A THE SAME TIME ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Pages: 1 2