..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: two questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im new here so i would like to say hi to you all

my first question is: would a Radeon HD3650 be good enough to run the emulator i have searched and i have found out that when you play game X it runs smoother then game Z becoase game Z needs a better video card
the games i want to play are:
Devil may cry
Devil may cry 2
Devil may cry 3
metal gear solid 2
metal gear solid 2 substance
metal gear solid 3
Kya dark league

my setup is:
Manufacturer: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL
Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1790MB RAM DDR2 533 MHZ
Hard Drive: 400 GB
Video Card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Monitor: hp pavilion mx70
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

i can run the main PS2 menus in a framerate of 60-70

my second question is: if i use an ISO which i made (with magicISO) from one of my games (devil may cry) in i try to play it i keep getting "please insert a playstation or playstation 2 format disk" or the disk appears and i try to access it i get a black screen for a few seconds and then it returns to the menu with the two memory cards what gives ?
First, pcsx2 emulation depend with Cpu than grapich card to play properly. Second, for your problem about ISO file, seems you make an ISO game not in the right way. Try to make ISO game with daemon tool pro program or nero or UltraISO PRogram.
Your system is way too slow to run PCSX2 decently with acceptable framerates. Maybe if you tried lowering everything and applying all speedhacks and stuff.

I'm on almost the same system except with a 3.2Ghz processor, the Radeon 200 Xpress really sucks and is onboard, so it's limiting you most of all.
i have turned on nearly all of the speedhacks and running in windowed mode +/- 680x460
also when i mount a backup iso and i select the disk it does say that its a playstation 2 disk

i guess i forgot to mention that